Personal number plates

Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 61 81.3%

• Total voters
I bought that mark at the DVLA auction for my T32 California ..(2008 T5 T32 4 motion hence T32CAL) then got a whole load of flak on the California forum from a bunch of know alls including some main dealers adamant that a T32 California doesn't exist!!!!...you couldn't make it up
Glad you bought that reg mate, as you can see when I put up the post I was that close to getting it myself! I think you just made a load of Cali owners jealous to be fair!
Doesn’t exist!? Rubbish!
You enjoy

I saw MR51 NGH on an estate agent’s car in the Midlands. Yes, he was a Mr Singh and had it read as that! Lord knows how many offers he must have had for that by now!

I can only imagine that’s worth a bit more.

I used to see MU51CAL quite often.

E19NOB is available on dvla not sure I could drive around with that on my van

That’s coz I bought B16 NOB but have to keep it on retention as SWMBO doesn’t like boasting!
Truth be told: I have B16 JOG on my van! When I started dating SWMBO, way back when the Earth’s crust was cooling, she was a bit taken aback when I rocked up to take her out on our first date. “Be grateful my name isn’t Neil O’Brien” was my excuse!

71B3448F-7DE6-4CCF-B917-A44D1120765D.jpeg

I knew a guy went to look at a Triumph Spitfire in a farmers barn. Hen he got there it was covered in straw. Uncovered it to discover the plate was OAS1S. He gave the farmer the aking price straight away lol.

I knew a guy went to look at a Triumph Spitfire in a farmers barn. Hen he got there it was covered in straw. Uncovered it to discover the plate was OAS1S. He gave the farmer the aking price straight away lol.
Wow! That’s “bite his arm off” territory! Did he get the plate valued after? Ah, the dream of finding a classic (anything) in a barn....! (JOG dreams on!)

Wow! That’s “bite his arm off” territory! Did he get the plate valued after? Ah, the dream of finding a classic (anything) in a barn....! (JOG dreams on!)
I cant remember what happened in the end. I know he wrote to the manager of the band offering it them.

I have the same luck. When I was a teenager one of my friends father had a red drop top E-type. Lost touch with said friend only to bump into him mid 20's. Told me the car had not moved out of the garage for quite a few years. Went to see his father only to be told he had sold it the week before. Such bad timing lol. I would love to have a "barn find".

Back