Reductant fault

Oldsparrer

Railway signalling tester
VIP Member
I have a EML on my dash in my 2017 T6, A guy up the road plugged in his diagnostic tablet and its got a fault showing reductant heater open circuit. He’s tried resetting it and it comes back. Does anyone know how to fix it or where I should look? I’ve checked all the fuses and they seem ok

I believe there’s a heater in the Adblue tank. If you join as a VIP you have access to technical documents that should help.

I would agree, i think thats referring to the adblu tank heater
Could be an issue with the heater or the wiring associated with it as it is down low and possibly susceptible to physical or rodent damage

I would agree, i think thats referring to the adblu tank heater
Could be an issue with the heater or the wiring associated with it as it is down low and possibly susceptible to physical or rodent damage
I’ve looked at all the wiring that’s under the front carpet and it seems damaged free, I rang VW Stoke and they said they need to put it through a diagnostic which will cost £110 plus vat

This will most likely be rodent damage to the wires that supply the trace heater that wraps around the pipe between the AdBlue tank and the delivery nozzle in the exhaust.
It's a crawl under the van job to see.
Another member had the same thing.

Hi did you get an outcome on this?? I’ve now got the exact same fault, battery draining over night and the same reductant fault code with eml on. I live on a farm so suspecting rodent interference. Also now got air bag fault after jump starting the van. Is this a case of just having it reset? Many thanks James

Low battery voltage causes all sorts of random faults, reset after a full charge.

Hi did you get an outcome on this?? I’ve now got the exact same fault, battery draining over night and the same reductant fault code with eml on. I live on a farm so suspecting rodent interference. Also now got air bag fault after jump starting the van. Is this a case of just having it reset? Many thanks James
Hi James, mine was a blown fuse! I would do what Loz said and have it reset

Thanks for the advice it’s appreciated. I’ve pulled the fuse for the adblue heater and the draining has stopped and doesn’t seem to affect any performance just got the eml on. I’ll have to try and find a nice vcds user near me to get the airbag light off then

Thanks for the advice it’s appreciated. I’ve pulled the fuse for the adblue heater and the draining has stopped and doesn’t seem to affect any performance just got the eml on. I’ll have to try and find a nice vcds user near me to get the airbag light off then
@Pauly is in plymouth..

Your welcome to stop by for a VCDS session, we can check fault codes and reset that light :thumbsup:

Hi, we are having the same problem battery draining found out to be this fuse. Rodent had chewed a cable we think pressure sensor oil stitch and then this problem started. We have rewired this but still getting big battery drain and in the morning battery is completely flat. Has anyone got any recommendations please? the fuse is now out. Thank you

Back