Red Cables Under Passenger Seat [Merge]

Looks like OEM wire VW uses to feed under seat fuses and electrics from starter battery. Usually things like towbar electrics, cargo area 12v sockets, Webasto etc are fed from that.

Hi does anybody not what this wire is in the picture? Should it be connected to something I only ask as my start/stop keeps coming up with error and I kind of hope this is the problem
Ps it's under the front seats

View attachment 165122
@Nobby85 as above, it’s likely the wiring for a factory-fit aux battery. I’ve merged your post here so you can see what it can be used for.

As for your Stop/Start error, there are parameters that govern when it works, but commonly it’s a low battery level. So give your battery a full charge and see if that sorts it.

Thanks both. My mechanic tested the battery when I took it in with the stop start error. Said it was fully charged and holding power. He thought it could be wiring.

Thanks both. My mechanic tested the battery when I took it in with the stop start error. Said it was fully charged and holding power. He thought it could be wiring.
I have heard of other van owners having been told the same but that a charge did in fact sort it.
Does it just come up on the MFD with a line through the icon, or have you used a fault reader and noticed some error codes?

I have heard of other van owners having been told the same but that a charge did in fact sort it.
Does it just come up on the MFD with a line through the icon, or have you used a fault reader and noticed some error codes?
Thanks for reply. Yes comes up on mfd error stop start. Nothing displays when plugged in though

Back