Recommended Gas Stove For Outdoor Cooking

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Were looking at getting a gas stove (double hob) for outdoor cooking , i've been looking @ the "Cadac 2-cook" and it gets good reviews so that's one option . Can anyone give any recommendations please ? There is only 2 of us so it doesn't need to be massive, something compact ideally.

Were looking at getting a gas stove (double hob) for outdoor cooking , i've been looking @ the "Cadac 2-cook" and it gets good reviews so that's one option . Can anyone give any recommendations please ? There is only 2 of us so it doesn't need to be massive, something compact ideally.

Does it need to be a double hob?
We are a family of 4, sometimes more of us, and we've used a Cadac carri chef for years and never needed anything else.

You can get the more compact Safari Chef, but mine takes up very little room, cooks brilliantly, easy to clean, and easy if you need any parts.

Does it need to be a double hob?
We are a family of 4, sometimes more of us, and we've used a Cadac carri chef for years and never needed anything else.

You can get the more compact Safari Chef, but mine takes up very little room, cooks brilliantly, easy to clean, and easy if you need any parts.
no i don't suppose it does need to be a double hob. I really like the look of the carri chef, do you think it is too big for just 2 people though ?

no i don't suppose it does need to be a double hob. I really like the look of the carri chef, do you think it is too big for just 2 people though ?

Not at all. The cooking area is about the same size as a T6 steering wheel if that makes it easier to envisage.

A friend of mine had the smaller Safari Chef, but changed it to the Carri Chef after it's first outing.
It's just him and his wife.

Not at all. The cooking area is about the same size as a T6 steering wheel if that makes it easier to envisage.

A friend of mine had the smaller Safari Chef, but changed it to the Carri Chef after it's first outing.

nic one , thats sounds like an ideal size , thanks for your advice . :thumbsup:

With just the 2 of you you might be better with the mid sized Cadac Grillogas/chef - we had one of these for years with 3 of us but upgraded to the Carri Chef last year - love it but at times it is a bit too big, especially when trying to balance smaller pans on the pan stand.

With just the 2 of you you might be better with the mid sized Cadac Grillogas/chef - we had one of these for years with 3 of us but upgraded to the Carri Chef last year - love it but at times it is a bit too big, especially when trying to balance smaller pans on the pan stand.
Nice1, thanks Davenjo :thumbsup:

Back