Recommended Campsites with paddle boarding on door step.

superflyguy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Really took to paddle boarding this summer and just treat myself to one. Can any of you kayaker's recommend any UK campsites I can just roll out of the van in the morning and get straight onto a river or lake. Just planning my trips for next year.

The inflatable paddle boards are great, and make it so much easier to store in the van if you haven't got roof bars like mine. I was a bit dubious about the inflatables but they are rock solid and inflated in about 3 minutes. So mountain bike on the back, paddle in the van and walking boots I've no excuse to explore :thumbsup:

Yeah..... like the sound of paddle boards.
Trying to get it past the board of guv’ners for a possible Xmas present!!
Fingers x’d

Yeah..... like the sound of paddle boards.
Trying to get it past the board of guv’ners for a possible Xmas present!!
Fingers x’d
It is addictive, I've been hiring one but decided to buy my own. I live on the coast so the company I hired from only opened at high tide so was very limited.
I'm now able to go when and where I want and as it's inflatable the bag that's the size of a suitcase will even fit in the back of a small car. It also saved me having to fit roof bars to the van.

There are some good boards about that are reasonably priced, the ones the hire company used are from fatstick, a Dorset based company and they are great for the price, about £500 for everything, they take about 5 minutes and a good workout to inflate but you could always buy an electric pump for the van.

Any advice give me a shout, and what's better than paddling down a river on a warm summers day and stopping at a pub for lunch and a pint .

Can it be near the sea ? If so Nodes Point, St Helens, Isle of Wight. I kayak there during the summer months. Always calm water and lovely bays to explore ( and pubs) :thumbsup:
It can be Boris, I live on the coast myself, and thank you for the recommendation , I have relatives in Stubbington, just across the water.

Caravan Park and Campsite in Bala, North Wales | Glanllyn Lakeside - Lake Bala where we had our first forum meet last year and are going again next year is great for paddle boarding.

They have a SUP school/hire on site run by Green Dragon Watersports, whose Kiwi proprietor is one of the best paddle boarders you will come across - last year he was doing laps of the lake (circa 8 miles) before breakfast as training for a race along the Yucon.

Caravan Park and Campsite in Bala, North Wales | Glanllyn Lakeside - Lake Bala where we had our first forum meet last year and are going again next year is great for paddle boarding.

They have a SUP school/hire on site run by Green Dragon Watersports, whose Kiwi proprietor is one of the best paddle boarders you will come across - last year he was doing laps of the lake (circa 8 miles) before breakfast as training for a race along the Yucon.
Thanks, just had a look and it looks lovely. That's some going, I managed 3 miles in the surf the other day, and I nearly saw my breakfast ;)

I have been to lake Bala with my family last year. The caravan park is pretty decent. Not to expensive either. The lake is big enough for a long paddleboarding trip, way bigger then the lake, that we take our customers to in Slovenia.
It's a bit dirty compared to our lake too, but in general clean enough. If you're interested you can check our site www.bovecpaddleboarding.com to see what I'm talking about .

Low Wray Campsite ... been here and they hire or bring your own. Camp pitches for tents right on water side and electric hook ups for Van's etc next door to shower block. No cost for launching if you bring your own stuff. Great for my kids I hired a kayak to take the baby and brought my own SUPs for wife and eldest.

We camped at Andark Lake in Southampton. It is located at the top of the Hamble. Parking at the Swanwick car park is tight though.

Back