Recommendations for solar power bank

sportsman

T6 Pro
Good morning all

I am just wondering what folk do for power when there camping if there is no electric hook up on site and you don't have a leisure battery I am just after some suggestions please

Good morning all

I am just wondering what folk do for power when there camping if there is no electric hook up on site and you don't have a leisure battery I am just after some suggestions please

If you don’t have the option of hook up or a leisure battery, then really the only way is a small generator, but the noise could annoy your fellow camping neighbours.
Probably, the best route would be to dig deep into the wallet to purchase a leisure battery, fed by a solar panel. This works for me and a few other T6 folk on here.
A decent set up can power a fridge, led lighting, charging up phones and bluetooth speakers etc. for a 2 week camping trip. I’m running 2 x 110amp leisure batteries with a 250 watt solar panel.
You don’t need full sun to charge the batteries.
More or less this makes me self sufficient in the electrical department.
Hope this helps!!

small USB battery packs are an option . .

have a look at this one:

small dash temporary solar:

build your own battery box:

and for everything in between.

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

I’ve got a jump pack now from Halfrauds that has a usb, 3 pin socket plus cigarette charger.

The only permanent solution is to fit an auxiliary (leisure ) battery and solar if you want to run a fridge and led lights etc and not have to worry about an electric hook up. You can either fit a solar panel to your roof or have a portable solar blanket or panel or preferably both. Depending on available sunshine and enough panels you can stay off the grid indefinitely.

Hey guys, I am looking for recommendations with a solar power bank. Does anyone have experience with a good solar power bank?
I want to use it during camping, so I hope it has a large battery capacity.
Thanks so much

Have a look here...

You need to ask yourself a few questions.

How big a battery pack do you need?

What do you need to power?

And for how long?

How will you recharge it?

Welcome to T6F btw.

Where are you based?

I do wonder where they get their capacity figures from! Apparently this has 3x the capacity of most AGM leisure batteries. :slow rofl:

A89C0D8E-C179-4033-8BEA-1CDEE95A8341.png

i wouldn't bother with any of those . . . .

theres enough tear downs and capacity tests on YT disproving all the stats.

a couple of good vids from Big Clive . . . .

eg,

Hi @LevieLee .. Welcome... as said before @Dellmassive ...before you do the classic buy now and wished you’d brought bigger option..look at your intended power requirements and work the solar around that.....solar is not a constant....batteries can’t always be fully discharged...so to over come this you have to factor in bigger solar ( higher wattage ) panels and battery storage capacity to give Your self some flexibility......if like me you then start to think I need a bigger van to carry it all...:(

I bought Smart 30000mAh for a big trip, I knew I’d be on the move a lot and very reliant on my phone for navigation ect so having a dead cell phone wasn’t a choice. I like it’s water proof, it’s rubberized and it’s ports are sealed when not in use.

Agree with AussieMick! Let's use solar energy for travel

Back