Recommendations for Altro flooring adhesive?

$immo

Built not Bought
T6 Guru
I'm at the stage of laying my Altro flooring once I have cut it what glue have you guys laid down the flooring with. I am thinking if I actually need to glue it all down??
It's 2mm thick, it will have a kitchen on it, RIB seat and bed boards....Hmm not sure I need to glue it? It will be fixed under door thresholds as well.

What have you guys done?

I put mine down with spray carpet glue,the same as you use for carpet lining ;)

You shouldn’t use carpet spray adhesive for vinyl flooring, it can cause the vinyl to bubble and stretch(plasticiser migration) You can buy spray adhesive specifically for vinyls or use a trowel applied adhesive such as Ball F44 or Laybond Vinyl adhesive which is available in screwfix

You shouldn’t use carpet spray adhesive for vinyl flooring, it can cause the vinyl to bubble and stretch(plasticiser migration) You can buy spray adhesive specifically for vinyls or use a trowel applied adhesive such as Ball F44 or Laybond Vinyl adhesive which is available in screwfix
Thanks @Kingsway I'll have a look in screwfix.

Hi all, I am progressing through my panel van to camper van conversion and I am at the stage where I am ready to lay the Altro Walkway flooring that has been cut to shape. I am looking at using the 'Ball - Styccobond F48 high temp adhesive'. I would welcome any views on this from personal experiences. I am also unsure as to what size tub of adhesive to get. My van is a LWB and I am bonding to a 12mm plywood sub floor. I have just ordered a floor roller to obtain a good bond and expel any air bubbles.
Many Thanks
Creamytash

We didn't use any glue. In a camper it is fixed down in so many places that it can't really move.
No issues in 3 years of use.

Pete

We didn't use any glue. In a camper it is fixed down in so many places that it can't really move.
No issues in 3 years of use.

Pete
Yep. I’ve used flooring double sided tape around the edges and in a few strips. Going nowhere.

Hi, thank you all for your comments. Not having done anything like this before, tips and advice from people who have already got the 'T' shirt is worth it's weight in gold.
CT

I'm at the stage of laying my Altro flooring once I have cut it what glue have you guys laid down the flooring with. I am thinking if I actually need to glue it all down??
It's 2mm thick, it will have a kitchen on it, RIB seat and bed boards....Hmm not sure I need to glue it? It will be fixed under door thresholds as well.

What have you guys done?
Balls F44 is the stuff to use if it helps

can I use this spray adhesive to glue down some Altro flooring?
After reading the back of the can, I’m not sure now, or do I need to fly down to Screwfix for something else, got to fit the Altro floor tonight...cheers7DB26336-B9B9-4301-9090-5C5EDD04F9BB.jpegFCE4A5D8-F811-4E93-8882-9D1BC656984A.jpeg

I used this, to do a full floor, but use the fine toothed spreader, don't lay it too thick and followed by a heavy rubber roller specially for laying lino floors on adhesive to roll any bubbles out.

20230509_182213.jpg

Ok cheers, will have to abandon the flooring today as can’t find a supplier of any acrylic adhesive locally, very annoyed as the Altro floor supplier sold me the cans of spray adhesive that I posted pic of above grrr..

Mate, you can use the spray cans by all means andvyou won't need a roller. A lot of converter companies use the spray glue. Which ever glue you use I would suggest the you lay the Altro floor as a trial fit and trim. Then working facing the drivers side of the inner wall, roll the altro floor back towards you, apply the glue to the floor from front to back of the van in a strip about 1ft wide then press the floor back down. Once you have the altro floor in position weight it down with books car batterries etc etc. Leave it overnight. When it's dry and set the altro floor will be anchored down and won't shuffle about as you continue to glue the floor down, this time working facing the passenger side inner van wall. Roll the floor back towards you until you have rolked back to the glue line previously set. Apply the glue again in a strip about a foot wide from front to back of the van. Unroll some of the altro flooring to cover the glued area and press into place. Repeat until you work up to the bottom of the passenger side of tge van wall. Again spread weights etc across the freshly glued floor area.
Note* if you use the same stuff as I did, so as to eliminateumps and bubbles in the flooring you will need to obtain a roller used for rolling lino flooring down onto glued floor. Sorry this is long winded and I am pro teaching to suck eggs - but I hope it helps.
Gently - Gently Catchey Monkey.

I used double sided tape. When you’ve fixed units and all other things through it you’ve got about 1sq m left exposed. It’s unlikely to move laterally and/or jump upwards off the floor.
Mine hasn’t moved in nearly 3 years.
Bonding it with contact adhesive I’m sure is essential when you are covering a few hundred square meters of hospital floor or similar, but I don’t think it’s going anywhere on the floor of the van.

Mate, you can use the spray cans by all means andvyou won't need a roller. A lot of converter companies use the spray glue. Which ever glue you use I would suggest the you lay the Altro floor as a trial fit and trim. Then working facing the drivers side of the inner wall, roll the altro floor back towards you, apply the glue to the floor from front to back of the van in a strip about 1ft wide then press the floor back down. Once you have the altro floor in position weight it down with books car batterries etc etc. Leave it overnight. When it's dry and set the altro floor will be anchored down and won't shuffle about as you continue to glue the floor down, this time working facing the passenger side inner van wall. Roll the floor back towards you until you have rolked back to the glue line previously set. Apply the glue again in a strip about a foot wide from front to back of the van. Unroll some of the altro flooring to cover the glued area and press into place. Repeat until you work up to the bottom of the passenger side of tge van wall. Again spread weights etc across the freshly glued floor area.
Note* if you use the same stuff as I did, so as to eliminateumps and bubbles in the flooring you will need to obtain a roller used for rolling lino flooring down onto glued floor. Sorry this is long winded and I am pro teaching to suck eggs - but I hope it helps.
Gently - Gently Catchey Monkey.
Really sorry for late reply, had a few absolute nightmare days, thanks for the advice above, appreciate you helpful advice
Cheers

Back