Recommend me a Toilet Tent

MikeB

T6 Pro
As per the title - suggestions appreciated for a quality toilet tent please. We got this as part of a package recently, and it is utterly dire! MP9515 Shower/Utility Tent - Maypole

A pole sleeve tore while it was being "test pitched" in the garden, it's almost transparent and I doubt it'd survive a decent blow on the average Scottish sea-side campsite! It's being returned!

Last edited:
We have ordered a Khyam Privvy Bivvy, quick erect toilet tent
They also make a good shower tent, I made some clip on poles to brace the base for when it used on hard ground and cant be pegged down.
Once the hot water is flowing it soon warms up inside even when close to freezing outside.

Reactions: CAB
We ordered a Khyam Privvy Bivvy which arrived yesterday. Much as I expected, having had some experience with Khyam in the past, so all good. It does look as though it could use an extra set of guy lines though. Has anyone with practical experience of this thing got any input?

We ordered a Khyam Privvy Bivvy which arrived yesterday. Much as I expected, having had some experience with Khyam in the past, so all good. It does look as though it could use an extra set of guy lines though. Has anyone with practical experience of this thing got any input?
I made a set of poles that go around the base so it stands without ropes, I’ll dig out a photo.
I used round electrical cable clips at the end of each pole so that they clip onto the standard vertical poles.
I usually set it up for a shower and just have a single tie off to the nearside wing mirror to stop it moving in a strong gust of wind.

Toilet tents........gusts of wind.............my wee brain explodes!

• Haha
Toilet tents........gusts of wind.............my wee brain explodes!
Mine‘s only for showers and only when strangers are about. Nothing better than a mid summer thunderstorm and a bar of soap for a good scrub down.
Once every fortnight whether we need it or not.

Mine‘s only for showers and only when strangers are about. Nothing better than a mid summer thunderstorm and a bar of soap for a good scrub down.
Once every fortnight whether we need it or not.
Harsh! We are allowed once a month, whether required or not!!! (Though, I do agree that a good old fashioned scrub with a bar of soap mid-storm is rejuvenating and an experience that should be on everyone’s bucket list.)

I bought one of these as easy as the vid to put up
I got fed up with snapped poles on cheap one and the length of the poles the last one had a s**t design were the poles connected on top
I would recommend the one in the video
A shit design for a toilet tent seems apt to me!

Another thing to note if using the small cheap pop ups is you'll be soaked when you enter in the morning with all the dew that has built up inside. Look for something with plenty of space so you don't touch the sides (like the one in the video).

If you had no trouble solving a rubix cube then a pop up tent is ideal.
Pops up in seconds, then when you want to pack it away the fun will begin.
You will entertain all around you.
If you have no idea what I mean simply ask someone who has one.

• Haha
Another thing to note if using the small cheap pop ups is you'll be soaked when you enter in the morning with all the dew that has built up inside. Look for something with plenty of space so you don't touch the sides (like the one in the video).
And it needs to be real purty so your missus will use it too!

We put ours fairly close to the awning for when we use it as a shower room then you can block off the gaps between the pair with the doors if that makes sense

Back