Reclining double front passenger seat

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Glenn Board, 7 Apr 2017.

1. Glenn Board

Glenn Board Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Hi, I know there are a lot of complaints regarding the upright seating position of these seats, so has anybody been able to find a reclining option that can be retro fitted for this seat please?

2. Chopman

Chopman Senior Member T6 Guru

superchargedpolo and Glenn Board like this.
  3. Glenn Board

Thank you, the first one looks goo especially as they could upgrade my current mechanism.

4. Chopman

Chopman Senior Member T6 Guru

You're welcome, probably worth double checking with them that the T6 seat and bracket is the same.

5. snoop6060

snoop6060 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

The outdoortechnical ones do fit a T6 but they can't modify a fixed bracket (from a van that had a bulkhead). New bracket needed at £185 which allows the bench to fold forward and is set 10 degrees back when upright. Two fixed positions, no adjustment. If you seat already fold forward they can modify that for 55.

6. karl brierley

karl brierley Member VIP Member T6 Pro

thanks for putting this thread up. this is one mod I really want to get sorted asap.:thumbsup:

7. Glenn Board

Hi, any more option come up on this, or are there just these two please?

8. Smr72

Smr72 Member VIP Member

Map
    IMG_7238.PNG Hi

Just been looking for same myself and came across this on eBay, good price as well don't know what it would be like and gives extra recline as well

Item no 182692415143

9. Glenn Board

Yes, looks good, but I already have a folding seat, I just need to get it reclined a bit, i wonder if current bracket could be modified?

10. Dieseldonkey

Dieseldonkey 150 DSG Shuttle Conversion VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Does anyone know if its an easy job to get the bracket out of the centre of the backrest to send it away for modification. Jist looking at it in position, it looks like 1mm of metal filed of the leading edge off the latch would allow the seat to recline further back.

11. Glenn Board

Yes, done it last weekend, 30job

Dieseldonkey likes this.
  12. Dieseldonkey

Dieseldonkey 150 DSG Shuttle Conversion VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Thanks. Is it just a spanner job, slid in between the seats. Anything else involved?

13. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    If you do it how about some photos and details for a little 'how to' for other members?

Dieseldonkey likes this.
  14. Rob Smith

Rob Smith New Member

Map
    This is interesting stuff as I’m also trying to decide on best option for making the front double seat a bit more comfortable, and was wondering if anyone had proceeded with either the Outdoortechnical product or the one sold on eBay? I have the non-folding double seat and I'm tempted by the less expensive option on eBay but if anyone has first hand experience of either product I'd appreciate any info. Cheers.

15. saxoboy

saxoboy Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Hi Rob, I took up the challenge with the eBay one......piece of cake to fit and wife says it sooooo much more comfortable. Here's my step through, along with some pictures.

Seat Hinge

Matt

JaySal, Rob Smith and Pauly like this.
  16. snoop6060

snoop6060 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

I'm keen to know if this affects a swivel base? The kiravans one is so tight that alterting the seat might affect the swivel. That said the swivel will be coming out if I don't work out a way to lower it!

17. Glenn Board

I went for Outdoor tech, and sent mine back for p/ex, seams fine, easy to fit, but i suppose if i was fussy i would not have it reclined quiet so much, but its a lot better than the standard one.

Rob Smith likes this.
  18. Rob Smith

Rob Smith New Member

Map
    Thanks Saxoboy, really useful information, also the upholstery on your seats looks great.

saxoboy likes this.
  19. Rob Smith

Rob Smith New Member

Map
    I don't know if it affects the swivel base operation but regarding lowering the seat height I noticed this modified seat base on eBay, it says it returns the seat to its original height even with a swivel base fitted. Quite expensive though!

eBay item number: 182921346287

(VW T5 T6 LOWERED double passenger seat (brings height back to original w swivel)

20. Adrian72

Adrian72 New Member

Map
    Ive had this fitted - top bloke - it reclines the seat back about 10 degrees, which makes a big difference (about the thickness of the seat) and also makes it so it folds foward and can be used as a table (or to get longer items in)

superflyguy likes this.