Remap Pros And Cons for 84PS

neil2860

We are looking at buying a 2013 t28 van, but its only 83bhp. I've been told they are as slow as a snail and quite thirsty as you have to hammer them to keep them moving at a pace. So a remap is the answer, as this is going to be our family bus it won't be driven like its stolen. We aren't after mega power, just something to free it up and make it more driveable if you know what I mean. Of course there is a lot to ask first before going down this route.
Are they the same as a 140bhp van but just detuned?
Is it possible to remap it to about the 140bhp?
Would this then make it unreliable?
Will it increase fuel economy?
Will we need to uprate the brakes to componsate for the extra power?
What is the best remap to go for in bhp/torque terms, remembering what it's going to be used for?
Does insurance companies take a dim view of remapping?
A lot of questions I know but as I cant find a 140bhp van at the right price it has to be.
Thank you.

Have a search on here for pendle remaps, they get good reviews and will probably answer most questions you've got! Other popular option is revo, have a search and also check their website for info on predicted power gains etc

The 83bhp has the biggest gain because it Tatarstan with the lowest output. They will all remap to around 160bhp.

Revo are my choice and I've been more than pleased with my 102bhp remap to 170bhp

The 83bhp has the biggest gain because it Tatarstan with the lowest output. They will all remap to around 160bhp.

Revo are my choice and I've been more than pleased with my 102bhp remap to 170bhp

I'm looking to do similar, how did that effect mpg?

Me & my lad both have 84ps vans, his is a T5 and mine an MY18 T6, both full camper conversions.
Mine almost never drops below 40mpg and on a good run its towards the 50s.
I often tow a motorbike trailer with one or two race bikes on board, no problem whatever.
Whether they are "as slow as a snail" is down to your personal perception, we both find 84ps perfectly
adequate in modern traffic and we cruise at normal motorway speeds without a problem.
The suggestion that you "have to hammer them" is simply untrue.
Mathematically if you were to double your 84ps to 168ps, you'd only get 25% more speed anyway.
Personally I'd strongly suggest you first try the van as standard, if nothing else it familiarises you with
a reference performance for any future remapping.
/2p
Cheers
Phil

Me & my lad both have 84ps vans, his is a T5 and mine an MY18 T6, both full camper conversions.
Mine almost never drops below 40mpg and on a good run its towards the 50s.
I often tow a motorbike trailer with one or two race bikes on board, no problem whatever.
Whether they are "as slow as a snail" is down to your personal perception, we both find 84ps perfectly
adequate in modern traffic and we cruise at normal motorway speeds without a problem.
The suggestion that you "have to hammer them" is simply untrue.
Mathematically if you were to double your 84ps to 168ps, you'd only get 25% more speed anyway.
Personally I'd strongly suggest you first try the van as standard, if nothing else it familiarises you with
a reference performance for any future remapping.
/2p
Cheers
Phil
Thanks for the info, mines a 102 and is ok around the doors as stated, since the conversion (extra weight) it just feels like it needs more on overtakes especially on hills.

Hi folks,

Just bought an 18 plate t6 84bhp 5 speed. I have a local Pendle agent 5 miles up the road in Runcorn.
I’m looking at getting stage 1 done which will take it up to 155

Do these models suit the remap? Been reading lots of issues with the 102’s but looks down to a dodgy remap?

many help or advice from anyone that’s had one done be appreciated.
Thanks

Back