Recall… AdBlue

T6 Guru
..I received a letter from VW ... recall 23Z7 ... engine control unit update due to excess nitrogen oxides during regeneration of the particulate filter, my engine is the 2.0 150hp of 2017 .... do you know anything? ....

Fuel consumption should not be affected by this update. However, AdBlue consumption can increase”

Nice!

Anyone got experience of Opti Spray adblu? It has additional surfactants to improve ex system life on light to medium load running. Also supposed to be good for agricultural machinery where tractor is twice the size it needs to be! Bound to cost more but should cut maintenance costs so probably cheaper in the end. Not found it on forecourts yet though......

I’ve had the update and I’m putting a lot more add blue than I used too , it’s drinking it like it’s a Birra moretti

A friend , having had regular ad blue issues and engine warning light issues had his ad blue totally removed and the system cleaned out .
Van was re-chipped giving far better diesel consumption ( ad-blue greatly increases diesel consumption ) and more power .
It sailed through its MOT so ad blue is clearly a total con , only there to fill your CAT with crystals .
Factory ECU’s definitely cleverly programmed to create constant problems .
SHAMEFUL !!!

Back