Software Upgrade... EGR FAULT

T6AL

Hi
My T6 Shuttle 150 is 11 months old and has covered 10k and I've just had it in for an oil and filter change.
On collection I was told I needed to book it in for a software upgrade and to have the EGR looked at as a fault was showing on the diagnostics, although no warnings had come up on the dash. Just wondering if any one had a similar experience or could shed some light on the situation as the dealer was a bit vague.
Thanks

mod:This refers to a service action not a recall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was in last week for a new door catch and I was told there is a recall for a software issue and a new boost sensor but as you
Hi
My T6 Shuttle 150 is 11 months old and has covered 10k and I've just had it in for an oil and filter change.
On collection I was told I needed to book it in for a software upgrade and to have the EGR looked at as a fault was showing on the diagnostics, although no warnings had come up on the dash. Just wondering if any one had a similar experience or could shed some light on the situation as the dealer was a bit vague.
Thanks
My van was in last week for a new door catch and upon collection I was told it has a recall to fit a new boost sensor ( no idea what thats for) and a software update. Going back in next week.
Van done 10,000 miles.150ps Highline
Scot

Mine had a egr software update a month ago, no warning light but dealer found a fault code

I'm so confused Beeston VW told me there are no software upgrades for the t6 so I went and got mine remapped. Unless it's come out within the last 2 weeks.

I'm so confused Beeston VW told me there are no software upgrades for the t6 so I went and got mine remapped. Unless it's come out within the last 2 weeks.
Was it a Pendle remap you went for and what are your impressions of it so far?

Mine went in last Wednesday and they called me to say that the software update had only come out that day. Didn't use Beeston though as they didn't have time to fit my van in so used JCT600 at York as I was working up that way.

Thanks for that, mine is going in in a few weeks. I'd be interested to know if the update affects the drive ability or mpg .
Thanks
Al
You should read and keep an eye on the thread that I referred you to as this is starting to cross ground covered there. You may find there is information on that thread which answers some or most of your queries :):thumbsup::whistle: and those of @Petehelmet .

I had an egr fault light come on the other day. Code p0401. Mine os a 150 manual woth 10k on the clock. Light has since gone out. Looks like i need to get it booked in.

Hi
Thanks
Took mine in for new sliding windows last week . While there they put in a new pressure sensor turbo side and another softwear update. That's the third update in 12 months. Sandy is a 150 ps dsg high line 12000 mls covered. .

Mines been with them for a week now. Software update and new egr valve. The egr is out of stock in the uk by the looks of it.

Mines been with them for a week now. Software update and new egr valve. The egr is out of stock in the uk by the looks of it.
I wonder why EGR Valves are in short supply - could it be that many others, like @Twoguns, have had a number of replacements plus there seems to be a recall too ? :notworthy::cry:

Reactions: Jay
Not sure. Going to ring tomorrow. They did say they were having one expidited from vw in germany. Possibly B/S but not happy. The courtesy caravelle has a 2.5k excess on the insurance and I have to park it on a busy road. Plus the missus isnt liking the dsg.

Mine is in tomorrow for engine sensor, fuel pipe and software update all recall jobs

Took mine in for new sliding windows last week . While there they put in a new pressure sensor turbo side and another softwear update. That's the third update in 12 months. Sandy is a 150 ps dsg high line 12000 mls covered. .
Took Sandy in for 1service today thought I'd get some nice new oil in before we go back down to Cornwall. Asked about pressure sensor they fitted last time he was in and was told it's a vw recall. Updated sensor for all t6 engines.

Back