Recall for Cam belt tensioner

Hi guys, I have a 3.5 year old T6. Just been told the cambelt tensioner needs replacing which also means new timing belt. The mechanic said T6s were recalled on this...but when I asked VW Sinclair Vans they said they hadn't. How do I check the recalls? I can't find anything for the UK on recalls....only the safety recalls on the .GOV website. Thanks.

So, I put my VIN (along with another I have access to) into that website (taken from VCDS logs I have saved on my laptop) and for both of them it says: This is not a recognizable Volkswagen VIN. Please check your VIN and try again.????

Hi guys, I have a 3.5 year old T6. Just been told the cambelt tensioner needs replacing which also means new timing belt. The mechanic said T6s were recalled on this...but when I asked VW Sinclair Vans they said they hadn't. How do I check the recalls? I can't find anything for the UK on recalls....only the safety recalls on the .GOV website. Thanks.

I recall a recall :) for cam belts - a particular brand needed changing. Mine was checked when in for service in 2020 and all OK.

How do you know what has been recalled? Does VW get in touch with you automatically?

For the UK, look here which just redirects you to the gov website which you have already checked.
Interestingly it mentions that VW will contact you, but I'm not sure how VW would track second hand users.

For the UK, look here which just redirects you to the gov website which you have already checked.
Interestingly it mentions that VW will contact you, but I'm not sure how VW would track second hand users.
Manufacturers contact second hand users quite often on recalls - had it on two of my other cars before. They obviously have some sort of access or agreement with DVLA for data access

There are recalls and then there are service/field actions. The former is lodged with the DVSA to alert on, the latter is internal to VW and shared with the dealer network and intended to be picked up when the vehicle is in for a service.

It only becomes a full recall if there are safety issues.

My 2019 Highline started squealing a few weeks back, booked in at the main stealers for investigation and the belt and tensioner where replaced f.o.c.. They didn't volunteer this when I asked them to check at the previous service 6 months ago having read about it on here though.

Back