Aftermarket side windows to match OEM tint

Plumbwise

I have today started by cutting out for the rear windows with success.

However when I have put up the glass for a dry fit I noticed the tint/colour of the glass did not match the original kombi sliding doors!!

I original bought the glass from Veedubtransporters as it advertised as a factory tint‍♂️

Not happy using these windows, what does anyone fit matching to factory kombi glass??

There is standard green tinted glass and darker green privacy tinted glass. I think the darker one is standard on newer Highlines. Are your originals darker than the new ones? If so,that is probably the problemIMG_0097.jpgIMG_0098.jpgIMG_0103.jpg

Same van as mine then pal,you need the darker tinted windows,there is a thread on here somewhere that has the vw codes for the two different glasses in it. Mine were fitted by Exploria,i will have a look back and see if i can find the codes for you

That's great thanks.

I have heard the original windows that a smaller blacked out edging and sometimes can show the metal cutout??

Can you see any of the cutout through the glass??

Yes we were told that as well but to be honest,if you can,it hasn't bothered us at all and if it was bad it probably would. I have a photo but its not really clear on itIMG_5236.JPG

Yes after looking at yours. Might as well get the OEM glass to match with it next to the original.

Will have to have a think/enquiry how to make the outer trim look as good as yours!

Reading into fitting the OEM windows, sounds as if the gap between the inner and outer panels are filled with a panel fixing and then the interior trim is stuck over this to the outer panel covering where the window blackened area doesnt quite cover. The window is then bonded in to position without using the 'U' trim seals.

Not sure pal,do you want some photos of mine? If so,tell me exactly which bits you want and ill get them for you

Cheers, do you have a seal between the rear quarter glass and the original kombi door glass?

I assume this is removed and the two edges of the glass are next to each other (with a gap).

Hi,sorry,dogwalking. Yes there is a seal between the two glasses but it is attached to the rear quarter window. It fills the gap between the two windows. The third photo shows the seal with the door open but its hard to get a clear look because the doors in the way,excuse the dirt,its usually clean,honest! Hope this helps youIMG_0888.jpgIMG_0889.jpgIMG_0890.jpg

Back