Rear window tint advice

milesizzit

VIP Member
I'm planning on adding darker tint to my side and rear tailgate windows when my Kombi arrives. I'm not sure whether to go full limo or something lighter. What advice would you give? And what have you got on yours??

I went for limo on the tailgate window to stop thieving little eyes from seeing my tools etc and I am really pleased with it. For me it's the perfect balance of privacy and yet I am still able to see out enough to see what's behind.

My rear window came clear because tinted is not available on a panel van. It's now limo tinted.

Ok cool, I'm taking it that there are no visibility problems (from the inside out) with limo tint?? The guy in the showroom was quite strong in his recommendation not to go limo

I don't think there's any issues and mine will be slightly darker than @BiTurbo becuase it was already factory tinted to start with.

Just sitting waiting for mine to be finished, gone for full on limo tint on the dye'd fixed side glass and a limo tint sun strip.

image.jpg

Rob's got the right idea

If you're getting tinted windows, might as well get the limo since you're prob buying a kombi to load stuff onto it

I was unable to opt for a tinted rear screen on my pv with the heat and wipe options.
Still currently clear.....amazing visibility, like daylight in fact

I have limo tint on the tailgate window, which also has heat and wipe. Only downside is the forum sticker can’t be seen from outside :whistle:

I went one down from limo....the tint guy put me off. Said most he'd done were the one down from limo.....even if you press your face against mine, you can't see in. Only time you can see in is when you look through towards an opposite window if that makes sense? I don't think there's much to choose tbh? Have a look at the pics I posted on side on Saturday if you need an idea how dark they are.:thumbsup:

I have limo tint on mine and it’s fine. Have a small circle cut out for rear dash cam but you can’t see that from outside.

My sides are full Limo, so I could hide the fact it was a Kombi and it works great against the black paintwork. The rear I opted for no glass, though VW did fit a rear view mirror which I just find annoying and obstructive on the front screen. (it will be removed if it's a easy job and doesn't leave any evidence it was there.

Mine is pretty dark, not sure how they call it, not too glossy, kids not complaining anymore.

v6.jpg

Iv'e got Limo on the tailgate for privacy to the boot area, side windows are standard which I'm happy with

Back