Rear view mirror removal

GRUFF

Hi.

New member here.....

Can any one tell me how to remove the rear view mirror on my 2016 T6

I don't mind the stump that attached to the glass being left behind obviously

But the big numb pointless mirror..( solid bulkhead and solid rear doors... )

It just blocking a lot of view

Cheers

Depending what model van you have the mirror may hold some electronics, do you have Main Beam Assist (HBA) ??

Hello Pauly

No I don't think so

I have auto wipers and lights but I believe the sensor for that is in the glass. Behind the stump

I've even considered fitting a clip on reverse camera mirror just to give it purpose

But they look numb.....and it would have to be vw standard quality.

There is a sensor on the back left of my mirror which is the auto lights, the one in the window behind the stalk is the rain sensor for the auto wipers

Morning Gary

The other lads were right ...the lights/wiper sensor is on the back of the mirror.

Why it wasn't put in the glass...god knows.

Morning Gary

The other lads were right ...the lights/wiper sensor is on the back of the mirror.

Why it wasn't put in the glass...god knows.
Did you have any joy with this ?

I want to do the same thing.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the mirror is the wrong way up? The wider angles at the top of the mirror don’t suit the wider angles at the bottom of the rear window..
and no, I’ve tried spinning it round :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the mirror is the wrong way up? The wider angles at the top of the mirror don’t suit the wider angles at the bottom of the rear window..
and no, I’ve tried spinning it round :rolleyes:
Exactly what I was thinking, thought I would spin it but wont go so looks like I need to remove, spin it and put it back on. Did you ever sort this @Ads_Essex ?

Exactly what I was thinking, thought I would spin it but wont go so looks like I need to remove, spin it and put it back on.

Don't think removing would help. I've removed mine ready for a rearview dash cam and the balljoint must have a stop internally so you can't spin it around fully. Probably so you don't snap the wire for the mirror sensor inside.

Exactly what I was thinking, thought I would spin it but wont go so looks like I need to remove, spin it and put it back on. Did you ever sort this @Ads_Essex ?
No mate.
Don't think removing would help. I've removed mine ready for a rearview dash cam and the balljoint must have a stop internally so you can't spin it around fully. Probably so you don't snap the wire for the mirror sensor inside.
I’ve not had mine off, but this will probably stop it turning 180°.

Back