Rear Tyre Wear - 16”

Wildcamper

Hi all, first post

Have an 18 reg LWB T6 T30 DSG van conversion, converted from new. After only 12000 miles the tread on the rear passenger side is down to 3 mm while all the others are at 6mm wear. Van serviced by VW and all the tyres maintain pressure which is checked weekly. Van supplied with 205 tyres. Any thoughts why one tyre is wearing faster than the others?

Hi all, first post

Have an 18 reg LWB T6 T30 DSG van conversion, converted from new. After only 12000 miles the tread on the rear passenger side is down to 3 mm while all the others are at 6mm wear. Van serviced by VW and all the tyres maintain pressure which is checked weekly. Van supplied with 205 tyres. Any thoughts why one tyre is wearing faster than the others?

Get it checked on a Hunters machine.

I had exactly the same issue, with the drivers rear wearing faster than the rest, and it was towing miles out. You don't say if yours is standard or lowered, but mine is on coilovers, set on the lowest setting, plus a few other modifications to the suspension. Saying that, even if it's not modified, for the sake of around £65, i'd have it checked, because tyres get expensive as i've learnt. I'm not saying this is your issue, just to rule out an alignment problem.

Welcome to the forum.

Back