Rear tailgate spoiler .....

B19DRG

VW Main Dealer
T6 Guru
Evening all I hope you can help me with this .....

So the dealer has had a few issues with getting the spoiler right on my new T6 , chip and paint run when new , then not enough adhesive to stick it down and it came loose , then promised a new spoiler and they glued the original down and not rectified the paint , then tried to paint spoiler and made a pigs ear of it ! .... so they have now painted a spoiler that I have seen and I’m happy with but now they are saying that there not sure how the bonded down spoiler is going to come off , it was stuck down with TERSON MS9220 does anyone know if this is going to be able to come off my tailgate they are not bothered about the old spoiler getting damaged which is good but I’m worried about my van ! The have given me the option of having the one that’s bonded on there resprayed but I don’t fancy that with overspray etc , thoughts please

Has your dealer seriously called to say they don't know how to get the rear spoiler off?

My point is it's their issue.
They should be responsible to make sure everything is put right.
I understand why you might be worried though.

My point is it's their issue.
They should be responsible to make sure everything is put right.
I understand why you might be worried though.
Im thinking they can have it back to remove the old spoiler then I am to inspect the paint on the tailgate before the new spoiler gets bonded on

That's what I meant by understanding why you are worried, but I didn't want to put that incase you weren't thinking that, and I just added to your worry.

That's what I meant by understanding why you are worried, but I didn't want to put that incase you weren't thinking that, and I just added to your worry.

I’m not to worried it’s not like it’s a major issue (yet) , I will ensure they get it right ! Feel like I would like to remove the spoiler myself as I know I would take better care than someone who isn’t emotionally attached to my big grey love machine !

Back