Rear Tailgate: Bumper-width Step Attachment

Valdubvee

Hi all I wonder if anyone can help me please? I've searched the forum and haven't found a thread that answers my query (but apols if I've missed one, happy to be signposted to it)

Im the happy/now skint owner of a new (ish) 2017 T6 T32 Kombi but I need to constantly jump in and out of the rear tailgate area to load my kayak and gear. (I bought that van for this purpose as I cant manage to get the kayak on a roofrack myself).
However its a bit of a hoik up, so I am looking out for a rear step to help loading (as I understand the bumper itself isnt strong enough to use as a step? Is this correct?)

So far, I've mainly come across offerings from Rhino that look good quality, but look a bit too commercial.

The only thing I've seen that looks near what Im after unfortunately seems to be only available for a T5 : even though it says its for a T6, when I put my van details in it says its no good:
VW T5 T6 TRANSPORTER CARAVELLE MULTIVAN REAR STEP- REAR BUMPER STEP | eBay

So, does anyone know:
i) if this can be modified for a T6? (my husband is good at DIY);
ii) if a T6 version is (or will soon be) available?
iii) is there anything else out there suitable that looks nice

I've also seen a version for the VW Caddy but cant see anything similar for a T6: Volkswagen Caddy Viper Rear Step Bar AK025 Rear Protection

I have rear parking sensors, not sure if thats an issue. I dont have a tow bar but would be willing to get one if it helped.
Many thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated.

Back