Spoiler fitting - Dealer or aftermarket fit.

Boyd River

T6 Pro
Hi all,
I have found a van that I want to buy - a 2.0 TDI 150 Highline Kombi Van DSG. I wanted a T32 but this is the best/most interesting I can find where I can P/X my jeep.

Sadly, despite its top spec, it doesnt have a rear roof spoiler fitted and to my eye, a roof spoiler is is essential in finishing of the profile.

The VW dealer has offered to supply, paint and fit a rear spoiler for £650 + vat and before I jump headlong into having bits added can anyone tell me if this price sounds right please?

I've looked at some online adverts and I am seeing pre- painted spoilers for sale, with one site offering a painted to vehicle colour code service for £180 not fitted from Van Tech.co.uk

I have no experience of adding bodystyling so hopefully someone can tell me which path is the right one to go down please?

Thanks

Ouch! £650+VAT is daylight robbery. We charge £400+vat, painted and fitted for reference.

In our experience go with a genuine spoiler, they fit better.

We also fitted one of the new smaller spoilers from THQ recently - great fit and don’t look as clumsy as the genuine - this is the best fitting non gen we have seen

Jesus thats expensive! Aftermarket are just as good and fit really well when bought from a reputable supplier like THQ or Travelinlite etc

I've just had a quote from JCB Ashford (VW dealer) of £404.20 (incl. VAT), for an OEM rear spoiler supplied, painted and fitted. Seems I got a bargain. :somersault:

Buy unpainted ..take it to your fave paint shop … buy sikaflex and stick it on … couple hundred quid all in

Hi all,
I have found a van that I want to buy - a 2.0 TDI 150 Highline Kombi Van DSG. I wanted a T32 but this is the best/most interesting I can find where I can P/X my jeep.

Sadly, despite its top spec, it doesnt have a rear roof spoiler fitted and to my eye, a roof spoiler is is essential in finishing of the profile.

The VW dealer has offered to supply, paint and fit a rear spoiler for £650 + vat and before I jump headlong into having bits added can anyone tell me if this price sounds right please?

I've looked at some online adverts and I am seeing pre- painted spoilers for sale, with one site offering a painted to vehicle colour code service for £180 not fitted from Van Tech.co.uk

I have no experience of adding bodystyling so hopefully someone can tell me which path is the right one to go down please?

Thanks

Might be worth a look at for OEM spoiler. I got mine from them 3 years ago ready painted reflex silver. They do other colours as well as primed. I fitted it myself with the kit supplied. Easy enough to do but just need to take care. I used the tape and adhesive but didn't drill the tailgate to fit the metal pins.

Like all the recommendations that have been made, buy aftermarket from somewhere reputable. Just as good and you can use the money you save to buy something else for the van…trust me, you will find something else to spend it on!

“The VW dealer has offered to supply, paint and fit a rear spoiler for £650 + vat”

Jeez this is daylight robbery …

Ouch! £650+VAT is daylight robbery. We charge £400+vat, painted and fitted for reference.

In our experience go with a genuine spoiler, they fit better.

We also fitted one of the new smaller spoilers from THQ recently - great fit and don’t look as clumsy as the genuine - this is the best fitting non gen we have seen
which one from THQ is that please they all look OEM style on thier website?

If you half handy painting ain`t that hard, lots of advise on line. Got mine from Travelin lite, paint from amazon, pick a nice day to fit with a good PU adhesive and bolts if you like, half hour later its done.

Back