Rear Sliding Door Not Locking/unlocking Properly

Jason Williams

VIP Member
Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with the rear sliding door not locking/unlocking properly?

My T6 has been havingrthat problem for a couple of weeks now. The doors are supposed to lock automatically after pulling off, but it very often fails. This results in it trying every time I slowdown and pull off again and normal results in the doors locking. However, when I take the key out all the doors unlock apart from the rear sliding door. It doesn't even unlock using the key. I have to keep unlocking and locking using the fob before it eventually unlocks... Not ideal..

I'm thinking the lock is probably on its way out.
Any ideas or ideas how much a replacement would be?

Thanks in advance
Jase

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with the rear sliding door not locking/unlocking properly?

My T6 has been havingrthat problem for a couple of weeks now. The doors are supposed to lock automatically after pulling off, but it very often fails. This results in it trying every time I slowdown and pull off again and normal results in the doors locking. However, when I take the key out all the doors unlock apart from the rear sliding door. It doesn't even unlock using the key. I have to keep unlocking and locking using the fob before it eventually unlocks... Not ideal..

I'm thinking the lock is probably on its way out.
Any ideas or ideas how much a replacement would be?

Thanks in advance
Jase
Hi, did you solve this problem? Seems to be happening to mine too and don’t know where to start with what might be causing it.

The sliding door locking module is a common fault with the t6. Mine would never unlock on 1st attempt. I had to press unlock on the keyfob. Try the door handle. press unlock on the keyfob again. Then it would open.
I replaced the locking module and no issues since.

You could try disable the auto locking and see if the sliding door lock is functioning correctly.
Have you access to vcds to do a scan for faults?

You could try disable the auto locking and see if the sliding door lock is functioning correctly.
Have you access to vcds to do a scan for faults?

I have a Carista OBD2 which can be used to de activate auto locking, but not with current subscription. Not sure if there is a better option perhaps without subscription?

Can you do a scan with carrista. It should give an error for the sliding door lock module.
When you lock the van does the led on the driver's door remain constant red or is it flashing?

I've noticed sometimes it stays constant red, but sometimes it flashes. I think before the problems happening flashing red was normal.

Can you do a scan with carrista. It should give an error for the sliding door lock module.
When you lock the van does the led on the driver's door remain constant red or is it flashing?

These are the fault codes:
Telephone:

Heater & air conditioning:

Central electronics:
03301 - Feedback Locked-Position Drivers-Door
03302 - Feedback Locked-Position Passengers-Door
03303 - Feedback Locked-Position rear-left
03304 - Feedback Locked-Position rear-right

Obtained with Carista 7.1.1 for iOS.

I've noticed sometimes it stays constant red, but sometimes it flashes. I think before the problems happening flashing red was normal.
I’ve just had my sliding door module replaced under warranty as I had also noticed that the alarm light stayed lit for 30 secs after locking.

Back