Rear Sliding Door Adjustment

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
The kids find it hard to close and you end up slamming it to get it to close and I’m worried one of them ends up jamming their fingers , is this normal ? Has anyone every had to adjust the side sliding door.

One small trick if you haven't tried it.... open the front passenger door before you close the slider.... air pressure inside.... shuts much easier without slamming!!!

I have the same problem with the boot on my caravelle. Shuts easy with a door or window open but not when there isnt.

Its common problem, i find pushing the trailing edge of the door in just as it closes removes the need to slam it to hard.
The air pressure problem is made worse if you have lined the rear of your van, behind the rear panels/wheel arches there is an air vent in the floor that allows a bit of air through to help out slightly but if you have replaced the rear panels with solid ones it seals it up a bit (thats why the original panels stop short of the floor/have holes in them down low)

I have the same problem with the doors on my new T6 too. My van was a cancelled order which I picked up with a suitable discount but would have specced the leccy closers had I known about it and been ordering from scratch. I've not really noticed a difference with other doors open to "relieve the internal pressure" as the actress said to the bishop but will give it a go. I wonder if retro fit of the leccy closers is viable?? Just ordered a new T6 Cali Ocean so shouldn't be a problem on that, can't wait!!!!

Back