Rear sliding bench cost/fitment

Smileysmile

I've a 2023 panel van looking to install a bench seat in the rear that slides on rails.

I'm looking for a registered professional company.

I'm not sure if it needs to fold into a bed. I'm open to seeing what's out there.

I have no idea what prices are. Thanks

What are you planning to do with it and do you want the full width 3 seat type or the camper width 2 seat type?

If you want to move it on the rails when parked then most can do that, the restrictions come if you want to use them for travel. The OE California/Caravelle can be used anywhere they will lock (every inch or so) but the aftermarket ones tend to either have a single travel position or a restricted number of positions. The more flexible the system the more work it is to install the rails in general (OE ones are bonded to the van for instance)

Also you will need to tell your insurance company about the increase in seats and modification and strictly you should update the V5. Be aware if you already have seats then if you get near the 8/9 seat region it can get problematic to insure as you start to fall into minibus territory.

What are you planning to do with it and do you want the full width 3 seat type or the camper width 2 seat type?

If you want to move it on the rails when parked then most can do that, the restrictions come if you want to use them for travel. The OE California/Caravelle can be used anywhere they will lock (every inch or so) but the aftermarket ones tend to either have a single travel position or a restricted number of positions. The more flexible the system the more work it is to install the rails in general (OE ones are bonded to the van for instance)

Also you will need to tell your insurance company about the increase in seats and modification and strictly you should update the V5. Be aware if you already have seats then if you get near the 8/9 seat region it can get problematic to insure as you start to fall into minibus territory.
Good question. I don't intend to turn it into a camper. It will some day pull a caravan.

I want one that slides because it becomes more versatile by moving it close to front seats for rear passengers.

The front seats swivel round so a table in the middle can be good then rear seats can be pushed back a bit. Fully forward you have all that space for carrying luggage etc.

So do I want 3 seats or 2?

In the future I'd like a leisure battery/solar panel/fridge.

Maybe 2 seater is best?
Just incase.

Any recommendations for a 2 seater that slides and locks in multiple positions?

It's better to go this route just incase there's a slim chance of adding kitchen etc although probably unlikely.

The ones I looked at when (briefly) considering going the conversion route were the Reimo rock and roll models as they are multiple travel position, had isofox and had a good level of safety certification. They're not cheap though.

I think pretty much all your options are going to be ones that somewhat turn into a bed as that's the market. It's useful even if it's just putting it flat to carry big stuff back from IKEA or similar.

Try looking at...

Fabworx RS
Smartbeds Evolution 2
Rocknrollbed.co.uk
Bodans Rib Altair
Yoyo Glidemotion
Uberflux Rails
MS Craft Rails
Cambee Flex

I went with Fabworx for mine. Had it installed a few weeks ago, now working on fitting the flooring.

I have a Cali bed/ seat that I installed into my LWB T6. I did it myself but the parts new are not cheap, maybe 4-5k.

Mat

Back