Rear PDC problem

cabela

Started the van the other week and had the message on infotainment system show park assist not available and screen not showing anything from rear sensors. When I start up it beeps continuously for about 3 seconds then goes off and again nothing from the rear sensors. It’s a DSG T6. I plugged in Carista and had error code 1079572. Not sure if it’s a coincidence, but this happened last week when it was freezing cold. Have booked it in to VW, but would like an idea of what the problem could be. Thanks.

It could be 1 or more if the actual sensors have failed (had this on my wife’s Tiguan & it stopped the infotainment working) if you put it in reverse and kneel down next to the sensors individually if they are working they should make a ticking noise.

Did mine today - this code is rear right sensor, took 10 minutes to swap out. £12 on eBay, the part number was 5q0919275b for my 2015. I tried the ticking noise approach - it didn’t work for me!

5AE7C20D-D53F-4FEF-8F4B-DDF9278F9CBA.png

If you gently put your finger on the sensors when they should be working you can feel a small vibration - you need a very light touch!

I have had a similar issue.
OPS not available comes up on head unit shortly after ignition goes on and the parking distance sensor distance picture disappears with a long audio bleep.

I’ve checked the four rear sensors are working by checking they click, which they do.
I’ve had a bit of a look underneath to check the loom, nothing seems obvious to a loose plug or broken cables.
got It code read by a friend with access to a snap on reader today-came up with U112100 data Bus missing message.(see pic)
I’ve been round all the fuse boxes and checked all fuses, all good

my question is, if the module is knackered will it still produce the clicking on the sensors?

any ideas grateful

IMG_9924.jpeg

I have had a similar issue.
OPS not available comes up on head unit shortly after ignition goes on and the parking distance sensor distance picture disappears with a long audio bleep.

I’ve checked the four rear sensors are working by checking they click, which they do.
I’ve had a bit of a look underneath to check the loom, nothing seems obvious to a loose plug or broken cables.
got It code read by a friend with access to a snap on reader today-came up with U112100 data Bus missing message.(see pic)
I’ve been round all the fuse boxes and checked all fuses, all good

my question is, if the module is knackered will it still produce the clicking on the sensors?

any ideas grateful

View attachment 209982

Had the bumper off yesterday to check what I could of the loom and the connecting pins of the sensors. All looked good, and as above the sensors are still clicking.

anyone any ideas what else is in the system other than the parking module to go wrong?

The code is more about communication failure between modules, not internal to parking module.
Which module threw the code?
@mmi That was the code we found when scrolling through fault codes believing this was related to the park distance not working, (OPS system currently not available) is what appears on the head unit.
think it was under the electrical subheading on the snap on fault code reader my friend had access to.

@mmi That was the code we found when scrolling through fault codes believing this was related to the park distance not working, (OPS system currently not available) is what appears on the head unit.
think it was under the electrical subheading on the snap on fault code reader my friend had access to.
Ok. Behind the fault code there actually should be available a lot more data - e.g. wherefrom the expected message is coming - thus actually pinpointing accurately whereto look. See an example below - a parking module - expecting a message from steering column module (not a T6):
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Address 10: Park/Steer Assist       Labels: 5Q0-919-294.clb
Control Module Part Number: 1K8 919 472 C    HW: 5Q0 919 294 A
  Component and/or Version: PARKHILFE 8K  H03 0480
           Software Coding: 0001151111

1 Fault Found:

12718592 - Databus
          U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
          [Steuergerät für Lenksäulenelektronik-J527/BCM - mZAS_1 - kein Signal/keine Kommunikation]
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. Behind the fault code there actually should be available a lot more data - e.g. wherefrom the expected message is coming - thus actually pinpointing accurately whereto look. See an example below - a parking module - expecting a message from steering column module (not a T6):
Code:
                Address 10: Park/Steer Assist       Labels: 5Q0-919-294.clb
Control Module Part Number: 1K8 919 472 C    HW: 5Q0 919 294 A
  Component and/or Version: PARKHILFE 8K  H03 0480
           Software Coding: 0001151111

1 Fault Found:

12718592 - Databus
          U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
          [Steuergerät für Lenksäulenelektronik-J527/BCM - mZAS_1 - kein Signal/keine Kommunikation]
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
I know very little about coding and code reading machines.
are you saying from your post that from the code we got (u112100) we can somehow select this and it will give us a lot more data like the example above which shows which component is at fault?
I’ll try and get access to this snap-on reader again:thumbsup:

I know very little about coding and code reading machines.
are you saying from your post that from the code we got (u112100) we can somehow select this and it will give us a lot more data like the example above which shows which component is at fault?
I’ll try and get access to this snap-on reader again:thumbsup:
Yes, the data definitely is in there. However, not all readers can extract all the information because the data/interprtation is usually manufacturer specific. That's why e.g. VCDS is superior with VAG vehicles but not really useful on other brands.

had a different friend check this with his Carista yesterday. Still not any the wiser as can’t reset and doesn’t give any info on what component likely to be the problem

IMG_9933.jpeg

Hi all

I’m having issues with my 2014 t5.1 rear parking sensors. They stopped working some time ago. Just the continuous beep for a few seconds. I can’t hear any buzzing from any of the sensors. I had it plugged in and had a couple of faults as per attached photo. Today I removed the bumper hoping to find something obvious but sadly not. I tried checking things with a multi meter. Only seem to have 3 volts at the connector for each sensor. Apart from that nothing. Wondering if it is likely to be a sensor still or perhaps the control module. Anyone have any ideas at all as I’m running out!! Thanks in advance. Adam IMG_6123.png

I'd say that looks more likely to be around the control module and a wiring fault to that - if it was an individual sensor I think it would tall you which one.

Open or short to ground really means it can't detect reasonable voltage as those are the two likely wiring faults.

If you get a few of those check your battery health, if it's just one more likely to be a pinched wire, loose connection or corrosion.

If you take up the VIP membership on the forum a key benefit is access to wiring diagrams that would help trace things.

Thanks for the reply. I had a new battery fitted a few days ago so will be a fault somewhere on the circuit I guess. I was wondering about the module itself being a possible cause but not sure if that can be tested in anyway. When they first failed there was a period where they would work intermittently before finally stopping totally. Was thinking that could indicate a damaged wire somewhere but I guess could have been the module dying. I was really expecting to find damage to the loom behind the bumper but it all looks good up to the entry into the van. Wouldn’t have thought there would be damage occurring inside the van but I guess anything’s possible.

Back