Rear parking sensors

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
My T6 has factory fitted rear parking sensors but no button on the dash to turn them off. Is this normal? Was this part of the original head units function as I have fitted a Pioneer head unit and if so is their anyway I can retrofit this switch.

thanks

Is it not on the stereo? I have the discovery media and it comes up on the screen when you select reverse.

My T6 has factory fitted rear parking sensors but no button on the dash to turn them off. Is this normal? Was this part of the original head units function as I have fitted a Pioneer head unit and if so is their anyway I can retrofit this switch.

thanks
As well as the as well as the stereo there is a button on the dash marked P to turn on and off

I do not have this button for some reason ... is their anyway i can request a build sheet to find out the exact options my van would have ?

A very detailed build spec/options sheet can be obtained with your VIN number but it costs around a tenner a time to use the service ??
Give me half an hour and i will send you a copy of mine to show the detail it goes into

my loner highline has parking front and rear (no camera) and there is a button on the dash to switch them on and off to suit yourself

@Pauly Is that sheet only available after build then and how do you get that information ?

Maybe it's only front and rear sensors that have the dash button? Reason being sometimes you need to turn front on?

Or copy the codes from the front page of your service book into text pad and paste them into the decoder here :

VAG Codes

@Caravellet6 or anyone else with the button, can you confirm exactly what/how the P button works please
After reversing does pressing the button silence the annoying beeper ?
When stationary with engine running and nothing going on does pressing the button activate the fronts ?

Fairly sure the P button is ONLY to turn off the front sensors. The rear ones work when you engage reverse.

We have the standard stereo and get graphics on the screen when either sensor detects anything.

The P button on mine switches the front sensors on/off and also turns the rears off after you've engaged reverse hope this helps.

Back