Rear parking sensor issue

Russ74

Hi guys.
Help
Can anyone inform me on how to get the rear parking sensors to work?
They were working, checked for damage wiped them down in case they were too dirty.
I've looked online for clues but no luck
Any help would be appreciated

Give us a bit more info
What van do you have ?
Are they factory fit ?
Do you have fronts as well which gives you a 'P' button on the dash ?
What headunit do you have ?

Standard head unit.
No P button on dash
2017 t6
150 t30
Rear tailgate
Panel van
Lwb

This is headunit and dash :)

IMG_5796.JPG

Cant see any reason for them not working, try opening and slamming the tailgate, i know the rear view cam wont work if it thinks tailgate is open
Do you get any display when you select reverse ?

Rear tailgate was shut, I tried it again.
No display just stays on radio

Also when I put it in reverse after turning ignition, it just does a long beep.
Few seconds

Probably easier to let your dealer sort it under warranty, if you had vcds it could be plugged in and may gove you an idea of whats going on. Its prob something simple but strange that you are not getting a display on the radio at all, when i have had mine unplugged and driven it used to say 'park pilot unavailable' on the screen when i put it in reverse

Hi, yeah it was an issue with wiring. I took it to breeze vw in poole.
They had to order part in so was without van for two days, and they didn't have a courtesy vehicle.
That for me sums up breeze vw poole, useless.
Good luck with yours.
Ps mine was under warranty so luckily it was free
Good luck.

Interesting what you said about the above dealer . They do look the part but not much good on the sales side of things so had to go to another dealer . I have only had mine in for work once but not to happy with them . I had grease over the carpet and inside of the door .The problems is we don't have many VW dealers around here so I think they do what they want. I have been told the one in Southampton is better.

Interesting what you said about the above dealer . They do look the part but not much good on the sales side of things so had to go to another dealer . I have only had mine in for work once but not to happy with them . I had grease over the carpet and inside of the door .The problems is we don't have many VW dealers around here so I think they do what they want. I have been told the one in Southampton is better.

Yeah I had problems ordering a van through them.
We agreed price and spec paid deposit, only to receive an email 5 weeks later saying that they couldn't do it in that colour.
Joke. So we decided to go to Sinclair centre in Cardiff.
Total different service, I don't know what Southampton are like as the only van centre is our neck of the woods is breeze.
Hopefully you get decent service this time.

Back