Rear Panel Symmetry

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi,

I’ve recently purchased a startline 9 seat window van, that has the extra heating controls for the rear.

On the drivers side there is a nice plastic panel covering the motor with integral vents for rows 2 and 3. On the passenger side is the bare wheel arch and grey chipboard panel.

The plastic panel is different to the shuttle panels as the top edge is designed as a stop rather than with an overlap to fit with the C and D pillar trims.

So my question - is there a matching panel for the passenger side?

Regards

Ian

1A3C6815-8DB2-4829-9F87-D83E228C923D.jpeg

F7E64EC3-4C88-40E2-80B3-42A5DDC46305.jpeg

Boing!!

Anyone have access to the VW parts database who could do some research?

Ian

I have looked in the past for someone else and could t find anything for the other side

I know the t5s come in light grey as one was being converted the same time as mine but haven't saw a t6 in light grey , don't know if they fit the same as t6 if am honest

my shuttle had nice panels on both sides. the entire plastics in mine are black.

I did wonder where the jack would go! Not sure where it resides on the shuttle / cali?

More thought needed me thinks. Basically, I want the body work protected on the nearside (wheel arch and D pillar) and just looking at options.

Thanks for the input so far.

Ian

I did wonder where the jack would go! Not sure where it resides on the shuttle / cali?

More thought needed me thinks. Basically, I want the body work protected on the nearside (wheel arch and D pillar) and just looking at options.

Ian
The Cali’ has a toolbox bolted on to the rear of the two-seater bench.
Not sure about the ‘Velle.

Ian
The jack is still fitted to same place in the shuttle and has a wee latch that opens to remove it

IMG_20190925_193238.jpg

Hi,

I’ve recently purchased a startline 9 seat window van, that has the extra heating controls for the rear.

On the drivers side there is a nice plastic panel covering the motor with integral vents for rows 2 and 3. On the passenger side is the bare wheel arch and grey chipboard panel.

The plastic panel is different to the shuttle panels as the top edge is designed as a stop rather than with an overlap to fit with the C and D pillar trims.

So my question - is there a matching panel for the passenger side?

Regards

Ian

View attachment 52554

View attachment 52555
Hallo, sorry I don’t have an answer to your question but I was hoping you might know if this panelling is removable? I’ve never had a vw before and just got one that has a webasto heater with a vent behind the passenger seat.

I’d like to remove this passenger side panelling (im in Norway so am left hand drive) but trying to work out if it’s got any heating behind the vented section before I start ripping it off.

Hallo, sorry I don’t have an answer to your question but I was hoping you might know if this panelling is removable? I’ve never had a vw before and just got one that has a webasto heater with a vent behind the passenger seat.

I’d like to remove this passenger side panelling (im in Norway so am left hand drive) but trying to work out if it’s got any heating behind the vented section before I start ripping it off.
Do you have extra heater controls on the dash - I have a manual temp dial and fan speed dial that controls the rear unit.

Mine also has a small access hatch where you can see the heater box behind the rear panel when the hatch is removed.

The large plastic panel has clips like the door panel and is quite easy to remove. I know of one forum member who removed the plastic panel but retained the heater, making a ply box around it with outlet vents and covered in carpet to match the rest of the interior.

Regards
Ian

Back