Rear Load Sliding Tray for Cali / Velle rails

Anyone got a build thread for a slide out boot floor that fits the caravelle rail system?
They look to be about £500 to buy, but someone must have built one themselves.

Threads merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Popular on the Cali forum Slide Out Boot Floor
I bought mine, but Briwy on the California forum has this thread on self-build; Boot drawer you would need to adjust the width.

Here is mine, I would have made my own the quality of this was good and I was impatient, plus I had a load of euros left on my travel card so was almost a secret purchase;
IMG_4364.jpg

Thanks Tym those slides look just the thing!!

Anyone that's used them, do the brackets mount to the van floor directly or are they attached to the floor rails?

I'm looking to fit a slide out drawer under my multiflexboard, I've seen a few online for around the £500 mark and also some examples where people have built their own using gsf sliders.

I'm leaning towards making one myself with an internal depth of 800mm (2 euro boxes) Anyone got pictures of their set up or any reason why 800mm might not be a good idea? I'm especially keen to see how you've got the gsf sliders fixed to the floor rails.

Cheers.

Threads merged

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re using euro boxes then the dimensions of the tray should be multiples of the standard boxes. 800 deep gives you 2x400 boxes.
My tray uses a simple “T” bolt to push, twist 90’ and tighten.
9EE669EB-B656-4B57-8909-DFC285857A16.jpeg A674824B-0A7B-410C-AC19-9A46D12AE67E.jpeg 4AC4CEEB-A2CB-4D5F-ADC1-6CE18C90BF43.jpeg 069A689C-AB2D-447F-861E-52511CCC54D3.jpeg

There is a how-to thread on the Cali forum, I’ll find it later.

Just fitted the rear load sliding tray into the caravelle rails.
Very impressed how it fits with the multiflex board.
Very sturdy bit of kit, well currently got it extended while im sitting on it swinging me legs and cider beside me.
Hopfully no more scratched rear bumper and clambering in the back of the van looking for stuff

View attachment 25520

View attachment 25521

View attachment 25522

View attachment 25523

View attachment 25524
Hi there, Many thanks for sharing the post. Are you able to advise what brand the tray was pelase?

Back