Rear Lining recommendations - Essex

revdecal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Can anyone recommend a really good company in the Essex (or nearish) area who can line my T6 and fit some armrests?
It has been soundproofed and insulated already.

I can see lots of really great companies out there but they all seem to be in Wales or Cornwall.

Ryan

Johnson Auto Electric down in Chelmsford seem to do a good job.

Where are you?

From what I've read on here and seen on the website I'm pretty sure I'll be taking mine to Absolut5, seems like it should be worth the trip.

If your willing to travel this is our lining

and this is how we do it.......

Firstly we soundproof the van extensively using a mixture of 2mm and 4mm silent coat. (this includes the outer skin of the front doors and if you upgrade your front components the inner skin too front)

Then we prepare the van to apply the carpet by cleaning it using isoproply alcohol and masking off extensively to eliminate unnecessary over spray of contact adhesive.
We then line all the metal work of the van making x2 seamless joins by the tailgate hinges, then insulate the vehicle extensively using dodomat thermovan liner and in the cavity's a layer of dupont dacron.

lastly we install our own design of 4mm CNC cut birch ply panels using hidden trim fixings along with a 4mm single peice roof cut from a sheet of 10x5 4mm birch ply (this also includes our in house slidepods courtesy lights).

All the carpet we use is accredited with having passed the EC118 test fire test. (or equivalent British test)

In the pictures you can also see the rear speaker upgrade we do using our own design of CNC cut speaker rings. We have started using Blam speakers due to being blown away with the quality of them.

We have worked hard on designing our lining package and feel that moving away from the full size rear quater panels to a split design enhances the available detail in the rear of the van. It also makes it easier to retro fit rear quater windows at a later date.

Nice work there @slidepods . Shame i am so far away from you. Do You have s solution to the roof lining with heating/air con vents in it and the heater unit in the rear?

IMG_1181.JPG IMG_1091.JPG IMG_0857.JPG IMG_1284.JPG
From what I've read on here and seen on the website I'm pretty sure I'll be taking mine to Absolut5, seems like it should be worth the trip.
Cheers....

We only use the best products from Dynamat for sound deadening, closed cell foam and Dacron.

The carpet lining is applied on the metalwork first, and the rear opening around the tailgate hinge area, is done completely seamless with no joints... as in the picture

Then we manufacture our own 6mm dense panels, which are great for sound proofing, these can be trimmed in carpet, vinyl etc, for a new clean look instead of just the carpet option... and fixed with no fixings on show

We finish of with cabin matching ceiling trim, to keep it light inside, after all it is still a small space and looks dark when the ceiling is carpeted, and you do not having your ceiling at home the same colour as the walls... it also makes any lights installed seem brighter as the light isn't being absorbed...

You guys both do nice work but unfortunately for me i am far away from you both so i will start with my local company but if im not inpressed with theres work, i will be looking further a feild ;)

Really nice work there. I really like the vinyl panels as its a good way of adding some colour to the rear of the van. We have a customer having orange panels soon so will be trying our hand at it to before long. Its also nice to see some original panel details in a lining job (what material are you using to make the panels?). We did carpet a few vans for people where we did the metal work in a single piece of carpet but went away from it because it was so wasteful and labour intensive (we now offer it as an upgrade option if people want it).
What are your thoughts on the Blam speakers?
We had a customer in for a slidepod recently that you guys had lined the van and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Absolute 5/6 to anyone :thumbsup:

Absolut5 is closer to me but still a bit of a drive which I don't entirely mind. The problem is always the logistics of dropping off and getting home and of course collecting.

Absolut5 is closer to me but still a bit of a drive which I don't entirely mind. The problem is always the logistics of dropping off and getting home and of course collecting.

We have a Holiday inn and travel lodge within a couple minute walk, come down, stay over night and travel home the next day...

We have a Holiday inn and travel lodge within a couple minute walk, come down, stay over night and travel home the next day...
Ah, cool idea. I'll give you a call in the week then. Do you install the 'comfort dash' that I have seen some have carried out on the forum?
Ryan

Ah, cool idea. I'll give you a call in the week then. Do you install the 'comfort dash' that I have seen some have carried out on the forum?
Ryan

Do you mean the glovebox ? If so drop us a call and il chat to you about it

Back