Rear Light Tailgate - LED & non-LED Carriers - interchangeable?

CaptainZag

T6 Pro
This may be a daft question, but my N/S rear LED light external housing/lens is damaged and I'd like to replace it at some stage.

I just wondered if the LED carrier unit could be removed and swapped onto a non-LED unit (with a good housing/lens) as these units are normally cheaper when they come up on flebay?

They are all plastiwelded together. You can’t take them apart

And the lenses/reflectors are arranged differently anyway so wouldn’t work

This may be a daft question, but my N/S rear LED light external housing/lens is damaged and I'd like to replace it at some stage.

I just wondered if the LED carrier unit could be removed and swapped onto a non-LED unit (with a good housing/lens) as these units are normally cheaper when they come up on flebay?
How damaged is “damaged”?

How damaged is “damaged”?
Just a cracked lens really. Not that easy to see. It’s a 2017 T6 Shuttle SE and had an MOT in the week. It passed no problem, but they said ‘slight crack in NSR light unit’ and quoted £280! I can live with the ‘slight’ crack, but if I saw one come up fairly cheap (£50+) I’d probably replace it.

I ask as I have one with a small crack (3cm?) at the bottom of the lens where it meets the body. Doesn’t let water in.

I’ll keep it as a spare unless yours is going to cause you grief and you want to buy it?

?hash=06fe6c40c5eae66bbe6f0fb85fec98c7.jpg
it probably looks worse in the picture, but it is quite a crack propagating in 4 directions from a central impact point. Thanks for the offer of yours, but it is fine for now and I’ll potentially replace with an undamaged one at a later stage.

FEDC8AF1-97BE-4364-B18F-0F715009A599.jpeg

Back