Rear led license bulbs replacement issue.

Carl1974

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Good evening all,

can I ask if anyone has had an issue with replacement rear license bulbs, I have replaced the standard ones for led.

However I have had 2 sets that I have fitted in 12 months but they either flicker or when you tighten them in they go off. I have just fitted another new set from another supplier and the same again. When I go to tighten the units in the go off until I loosen them but then they are to slack.

Hiya,

I'm going to watch this thread as I'm thinking of changing mine to LED (one original bulb has blown) and I've avoided taking the plunge yet!!!

I've bought my T6 a month ago and previous owner had fitted led bulbs - all of which constantly flickered and did my head in
I've just changed them all (overhead, side lights, license plate & kombi step) no flickering, nice crisp white light
Very impressed, not the cheapest - but that's probably why they aren't flickering

20201012_224358.jpg

Thank you - very useful post and great to know how they actually work. Thanks for posting

No probs, like I say, they aren't the cheapest, but if you buy a few the seller offers a discount :thumbsup:

Good evening all,

can I ask if anyone has had an issue with replacement rear license bulbs, I have replaced the standard ones for led.

However I have had 2 sets that I have fitted in 12 months but they either flicker or when you tighten them in they go off. I have just fitted another new set from another supplier and the same again. When I go to tighten the units in the go off until I loosen them but then they are to slack.
Mine from Travelin-Lite are like this, which is disappointing as they are not a dodgy unnamed ebay vendor. One is currently not illuminating, I haven't had time to fiddle.

I have done as travelinlite suggested, pull the pins further apart but in doing this they only stay illuminated if I only screw the screws in a few threads, so they don’t sit or fit properly and no doubt water will get in behind and cause issues to the holders.

Back