Rear Kombi beds

mhill

Security industry
T6 Guru
I have a cunning plan to make up a rear bed unit for the back of my van.

I'd have gone for the likes of the Explora system but apparently it's not compatible with the rear heating system, my seats or the large tool storage chest I have in the back so home brew it is.

I have a cunning KISS plan for it all but I can't work out how to sort out cushions or a mattress. Ideally I'm after a small double sectional mattress so I can remove it and store easily when not in use. I'm rather particular with my beds and need something rather firm but comfy with just enough give so I don't get to much grief from a old back injury.

Any recommendations?

Also after pointers for what to trim them in, the interior is all leather and black carpet.

Thanks

I've ordered the "goal post" to go behind the rear seats and mount the bed boards onto. Managed to get it for £140 + vat, for 40x40 stainles steel powder coated black. Just need a matter now really.

Someone must have an idea...

I have a cunning plan to make up a rear bed unit for the back of my van.

I'd have gone for the likes of the Explora system but apparently it's not compatible with the rear heating system, my seats or the large tool storage chest I have in the back so home brew it is.

I have a cunning KISS plan for it all but I can't work out how to sort out cushions or a mattress. Ideally I'm after a small double sectional mattress so I can remove it and store easily when not in use. I'm rather particular with my beds and need something rather firm but comfy with just enough give so I don't get to much grief from a old back injury.

Any recommendations?

Also after pointers for what to trim them in, the interior is all leather and black carpet.

Thanks
I was going to go for the Exploria Kombi bed system but what did you mean by not being compatible with the rear heating??

I was going to go for the Exploria Kombi bed system but what did you mean by not being compatible with the rear heating??

I've got a kombi with an exploria bed with rear heating in. It does fit but the bed sits very close or even against the plastic panel thats fitted on the rear right hand side.
They fitted some washers underneath the leg in that corner to lift the bed up slightly.

On their website it says something along the lines of not being compatible with the rear heating unit and a new product is in development.

I got prices for custom made foam and fell of my chair (£360 upwards) so I've gone for £70 of 6" memory foam mattress on eBay though in not sure where I'll be storing it when not in use though.

Hopefully everything will be here for Wednesday and then I'm away for the weekend on Friday.

Also had an ode last night for a storage "pod" made of ply that I can carpet externally and bolt into the rail system used for the seats to give me some storage for food cloths etc.

Back