Rear Heated Seats....

Good shout. Those in the back always moan that the heat never travels that far.
I have researched heated seats and can’t say I’ve seen anything relating to the rears..
I reckon you’d be best to fit an aftermarket kit - that way you’d fit the buttons somewhere near the seat itself (as opposed to them being in the standard place on the dashboard).

But all seats fold/are removeable so i guess as long as long as you can come up with some kind off cable management/disconnection plug then i see no reason why not
Im thinking the switch could either be on the seat base (if you have some plastic to mount it) or on side trim of van with some kind of 2 pin plug/connector that would break the circuit if you needed to remove the seats, if you could get the rear flooring up you could bring the wiring out of the floor between a front and rear mount point so its protected from passengers/cargo and when seats are removed you could potentially poke the connector into the floor recess mount point the seats come out of ?

Evening guys.

I have in fact wired heated rears in for a customer. He supplied the kit fitted and I did the rest.
Mounted the switches in the plastics at the bottom of the front seats.
Plugs that came with the kit were perfect length and came out by the seat base lock. This was a triple seat but I can’t see there would be any difference with the 2 plus 1.
The kit itself seemed to be the standard heated seat kits available on the internet.
Sorry no pictures with this one.

Regards.

Edd.
Volksfit.

QUOTE="Pauly, post: 143433, member: 1"]But all seats fold/are removeable so i guess as long as long as you can come up with some kind off cable management/disconnection plug then i see no reason why not
Im thinking the switch could either be on the seat base (if you have some plastic to mount it) or on side trim of van with some kind of 2 pin plug/connector that would break the circuit if you needed to remove the seats, if you could get the rear flooring up you could bring the wiring out of the floor between a front and rear mount point so its protected from passengers/cargo and when seats are removed you could potentially poke the connector into the floor recess mount point the seats come out of ?[/QUOTE]

I fitted a single heated seat heater in the rear of my T6 for my daughter. I got Titan to insert it when they made my Titan bed and then wired it up myself afterwards. You can buy Seat pads such as this one on Amazon or on eBay. The actual one I bought is no longer available but it looks identical to the Amazon one. It included the 2 way switch for low and high heat. I fitted one on the seat and one on the seat back, and extended the 2 sets of wires form these to feed them through the side unit on to the ignition side of the van battery via a 4 way plug and socket. I put the switch beside the control panel as it was accessible from her seat, and I could also see if it was on via the led indicator from the driver's seat.

20181127_105139.jpg

20181127_105232.jpg

20181127_131312.jpg

I fitted a single heated seat heater in the rear of my T6 for my daughter. I got Titan to insert it when they made my Titan bed and then wired it up myself afterwards. You can buy Seat pads such as this one on Amazon or on eBay. The actual one I bought is no longer available but it looks identical to the Amazon one. It included the 2 way switch for low and high heat. I fitted one on the seat and one on the seat back, and extended the 2 sets of wires form these to feed them through the side unit on to the ignition side of the van battery via a 4 way plug and socket. I put the switch beside the control panel as it was accessible from her seat, and I could also see if it was on via the led indicator from the driver's seat.

What did you think of the Titan seat

Thinking of getting one myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Back