Rear coilover adjustment?

Carl1974

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Good evening,

Can I ask how hard it is to adjust the rear coilovers. As it stands at the moment the front are sitting higher even at there lowest setting, plus I need to raise it for when I choose the bed for the back.

Good evening,

Can I ask how hard it is to adjust the rear coilovers. As it stands at the moment the front are sitting higher even at there lowest setting, plus I need to raise it for when I choose the bed for the back.
Assuming they adjust the same way as my B14's it's an absolute shite of a job. I haven't been able to manage it whilst they're on the van. It's a lift the van, drop the springs and adjusters out, adjust the adjusters and put it all back together job. I've found there's just no room to get in there with the adjusting wrenches.

Thanks Chrisr, and there was me thinking I could do it at home on axle stands. I can’t imagine I’d be charged much by a garage to do it, only want to raise it about 30mm so when the bed comes it will sit fine.

Thanks Chrisr, and there was me thinking I could do it at home on axle stands. I can’t imagine I’d be charged much by a garage to do it, only want to raise it about 30mm so when the bed comes it will sit fine.
I tried to get mine on axle stands at the back at the weekend to adjust mine down a bit, but once you're using the jacking points for the jack there's nowhere for axle stands to go to support the van whilst leaving the suspension components hanging free if that makes sense. I gave up after about half an hour of trying to find somewhere suitable to place the axle stands.

Back