Rear Bumper Insert.

Big Zak

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hello all, could someone please advise me of the part numbers for the rear bumper insert on a 2017 T6.

I got a towbar fitted and my bumper is sagging in the middle and have been told that I need to buy the insert, to stop this. I am having problems finding one as I was told Part Number 7H0 807 723 was the one I needed, but it is for a T5.1 ? Is there no difference and what is involved to get it in place?
Cheers
Zak

Sorry, I can’t answer the question but shouldn’t it have been part of the process of fitting the towbar and therefore down to the fitters to sort it out?

Normally yes. But they are based in Durham and I am the North East of Scotland.

In that case, they should probably be named so that nobody else on the forum has work done by them and has the same issue as a result.

In that case, they should probably be named so that nobody else on the forum has work done by them and has the same issue as a result.
I’ve had towbars recently fitted to my Cali and me Velle before that. They came to my work both times, they fit a foam strip that sit along the top of the actual bar left to right before the bumper goes back on. Looks factory again

Was it a van or kombi / passenger carrier? If its a van there may be a closing panel missing too. Some informative threads in the archives if you use the search.

That part looks the right one - I’ll be buying two this week for mine. Expensive bits of polystyrene!!

Ian

Can anyone please confirm if the following parts are needed when fitting a detachable Westfalia towbar to a T6 Caravelle? The VW dealer is advising me the Plastic Rail is only for the transporter and not the Caravelle, thus ruling out the other parts as well.

1 x Plastic Rail Part no. VW 7H0 807 723
2 x Rear Bumper Foam Filler Pieces 7H0 807 252/A
4 x Grommet, Rear Bumper Retaining Brackets 357 853 586/B
10 x Interior Panel Retaining Clip (Black in colour) 701-867-299/B

index.png

Back