Rear Bumper fixings - barn-door to tailgate

M4rc

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'll be removing a bumper from my T6 (Barn door) & replacing with a 6.1 tailgate bumper. will it be a straight swap? I know it fits but will I require any additional fixings or parts? TIA

When I swapped my barn-door bumper for a tailgate bumper it was a straight swap, but that’s a T6

Ads what about the two infill pieces that fill the gap up to the lights
What fixings are required for those ?

Ads what about the two infill pieces that fill the gap up to the lights
What fixings are required for those ?
Oh they’re needed - sorry, I was too literal as I’m my head I was picturing the bumper itself along with the clips behind it.

As for the d-pillar trim, they screw in to the van - I can’t recall the screw size

See this:
1655365157914.png

15, 16, 17 & 18 required.

Thanks, did you require any extra parts for the tail lights and quarter panels below them?
Theres 2 of the plastic fixers in the top edge of that panel, they are black but you can rob a couple out the back of the van if needed, not sure if the plastic insert that they go into will be present though ??

11 Tape loom.JPG

thanks, I'll buy the grommets anyway for what its worth. will I need any brackets for the side of bumper or did the existing ones work?

Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 12.52.49.png

thanks, I'll buy the grommets anyway for what its worth. will I need any brackets for the side of bumper or did the existing ones work?

View attachment 160931
No - that’s what Pauly pulled me up on before - I suspect the tailgate bumper will fit using the existing mounts.

Where are you getting your bumper from?

I bought bumper, tailgate, lights & D-Pillar on eBay. however, the bumper wasn’t in the best of condition. so the guy at the spray shop a source me one off new T6.1

I ask as it may have six PDC holes rather than four. Worst case scenario would be to fit two dummy sensors at the sides.

I'll be removing a bumper from my T6 (Barn door) & replacing with a 6.1 tailgate bumper. will it be a straight swap? I know it fits but will I require any additional fixings or parts? TIA
Hi Marc, I seen from your previous post that you swapped your t6 rear bumper out for a tailgate version. Did you sell your previous one? I need a barn door rear bumper if you’re looking to sell?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Back