Rear Bench - Bed- Caravelle

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Stuart Campbell, 8 May 2018.

1. Stuart Campbell

Stuart Campbell New Member

Map
    Hi. Should my rear 3 seater bench fold flat into a bed. 2018 Caravelle. The Manual says yes but on first try it only comes down about 30 degrees. Am I missing something. I’ve just been making sure the bench is pushed forward then pulling the recliner strap.

2. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    It should, maybe try lifting the seat cushion a little as you push the backrest away from you.

Fish likes this.
  3. Stuart Campbell

Stuart Campbell New Member

Map
    Ahh that’s the bit I was missing. I had been trying from the back. Thanks.

Fish likes this.
  4. Factotum

Factotum New Member

I have just seen this post Stuart and have been having the same issue with my recently purchased T6 Caravelle. I followed the manual instructions, taking all head rests out of bench and armchairs, slid the armchairs back as far as they would go and pulled the bench as far forward as poss then pulled the red tab out on the bench and the seat back reclines about 30 degrees and sticks. Did you get your seat to fold flat backwards and if so what am i doing wrong? Any help appreciated!!

5. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey Indium grey caravelle VIP Member T6 Guru

Just pull the tab a little more and push the rear of the bench, it should then fold flat.

6. Factotum

Factotum New Member

Thanks Northern Monkey, I guess I was also worried that maybe it was an option to have the seats that fold right back and maybe mine wasn't spec'd to do so but if they all do then I guess I just need to give it some extra welly!! Thanks for the advice, I will give it a go tonight.

Northern Monkey likes this.
  7. Northern Monkey

No worries :) let us know how to get on with it.

8. Factotum

Factotum New Member

Will do!

9. zam

zam Member

I am not sure if I understand you correct, but you need some distance in front between the bench and the chairs because the seat moves forward when folding flat.

10. Factotum

Factotum New Member

Hi Zam I did have the bench as close to the chairs as poss maybe too close as you say. Will have another go tomorrow with hopefully a positive outcome. Thanks again for the advice, most helpful.

11. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    If the back of your bench is only reclining and not folding flat, try lifting the bottom cushion at the front as you push the back of the seat

12. Factotum

Factotum New Member

Cheers Deaky soon as this rain stops I am going out to give it a go, plenty of advice from everybody, really helpful, so fingers crossed!

13. Factotum

Factotum New Member

RESULT!! Thanks everybody for the advice, it easy when you know how!!

zam, Deaky and Northern Monkey like this.
  14. Northern Monkey

Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Factotum likes this.
  15. Factotum

Factotum New Member

Thanks for your help Northern Monkey