Rear Bench - Bed- Caravelle

Hi. Should my rear 3 seater bench fold flat into a bed. 2018 Caravelle. The Manual says yes but on first try it only comes down about 30 degrees. Am I missing something. I’ve just been making sure the bench is pushed forward then pulling the recliner strap.

It should, maybe try lifting the seat cushion a little as you push the backrest away from you.

I have just seen this post Stuart and have been having the same issue with my recently purchased T6 Caravelle. I followed the manual instructions, taking all head rests out of bench and armchairs, slid the armchairs back as far as they would go and pulled the bench as far forward as poss then pulled the red tab out on the bench and the seat back reclines about 30 degrees and sticks. Did you get your seat to fold flat backwards and if so what am i doing wrong? Any help appreciated!!

Thanks Northern Monkey, I guess I was also worried that maybe it was an option to have the seats that fold right back and maybe mine wasn't spec'd to do so but if they all do then I guess I just need to give it some extra welly!! Thanks for the advice, I will give it a go tonight.

I have just seen this post Stuart and have been having the same issue with my recently purchased T6 Caravelle. I followed the manual instructions, taking all head rests out of bench and armchairs, slid the armchairs back as far as they would go and pulled the bench as far forward as poss then pulled the red tab out on the bench and the seat back reclines about 30 degrees and sticks. Did you get your seat to fold flat backwards and if so what am i doing wrong? Any help appreciated!!
I am not sure if I understand you correct, but you need some distance in front between the bench and the chairs because the seat moves forward when folding flat.

I am not sure if I understand you correct, but you need some distance in front between the bench and the chairs because the seat moves forward when folding flat.

Hi Zam I did have the bench as close to the chairs as poss maybe too close as you say. Will have another go tomorrow with hopefully a positive outcome. Thanks again for the advice, most helpful.

If the back of your bench is only reclining and not folding flat, try lifting the bottom cushion at the front as you push the back of the seat

If the back of your bench is only reclining and not folding flat, try lifting the bottom cushion at the front as you push the back of the seat
Cheers Deaky soon as this rain stops I am going out to give it a go, plenty of advice from everybody, really helpful, so fingers crossed!

This forum is amazing! Thank you so much for this thread, I’d given up after reading the manual and trying the seats, thinking it was an option that hadn’t been specced. I’m now lying comfortably listening to the birds watching beautiful fields out the back door. This is epic!

This forum is amazing! Thank you so much for this thread, I’d given up after reading the manual and trying the seats, thinking it was an option that hadn’t been specced. I’m now lying comfortably listening to the birds watching beautiful fields out the back door. This is epic!
IMG_1382.jpeg

Back