Rear arch install inspiration

Chris Joyce

T6 Pro
I'm planning on relocating the electrics in my camper conversion, currently the leisure battery is located under the drivers seat with a viltron charger and fuse bo
This was all don't in a bit of a rush and I'm planning a new install to tidy some bits up and make access a bit better.

I have Evo units and I would like to utilise the rear arch cupboard, I'm looking for some inspiration on how others have layed out there install.

I need to fit in:

2 x leisure batteries
viltron dc-dc charger
solar charger
fuse box
240v fuse box

Im also thinking of adding in a good quality inverter whilst at things.

Have any members installed anything similar in the same location?

Have a look here with a few ideas . . . . .

There are a couple of rear installs in it . . . . Looking for T6F members to add to the list and more examples of installs.

Hope these pictures help. Battery on top of the plinth with DCDC Charger and inverter next to the battery towards rear door

Hi, all that gear is in the press that's under the table. I used 25mm2 cable for all the long runs, engine to leisure bat1, leisure bat1 to leisure bat2 and to both bus bars. I've since moved the 2000W inverter nearer the batteries as I was getting a little too much voltage drop for my Nespresso Machine :rolleyes:

van_int_1.jpg

Hi, all that gear is in the press that's under the table. I used 25mm2 cable for all the long runs, engine to leisure bat1, leisure bat1 to leisure bat2 and to both bus bars. I've since moved the 2000W inverter nearer the batteries as I was getting a little too much voltage drop for my Nespresso Machine :rolleyes:

View attachment 198737
This is excellent info and is exactly what I am going for. Did you ever draw a wiring diagram or list the parts you bought for electrics?

Thanks, no never drew or itemised as I built it up over time. I've a solar panel and MPPT controller to put in soon. I've kept batteries up front, 1 under drivers seat, other behind in an open to 1 side box. I think its the best use of space as the batteries would take up a whole press or be too inaccessible in the rear/side of wardrobe. That area too is really used more for bigger bulky often dirty swimming / cycling gear so ruled out using that. There are pros and cons to every decision.

I like to use the audio style fuse holders and circuit breakers as they are premium and look good imo

batt1.jpg

Thanks, no never drew or itemised as I built it up over time. I've a solar panel and MPPT controller to put in soon. I've kept batteries up front, 1 under drivers seat, other behind in an open to 1 side box. I think its the best use of space as the batteries would take up a whole press or be too inaccessible in the rear/side of wardrobe. That area too is really used more for bigger bulky often dirty swimming / cycling gear so ruled out using that. There are pros and cons to every decision.

I like to use the audio style fuse holders and circuit breakers as they are premium and look good imo

View attachment 198739
Thanks for this, can I ask where you have put heater or intend to put heater?

Thanks for this, can I ask where you have put heater or intend to put heater?
We don't camp in the winter so was never going to put in a diesel heater but I have a mini 12V fan heater and a 240V heater that will run off the inverter for plenty long enough to warm the small space if we're in for a dip or whatever. Certainly have never needed it during the night from Spring to Autumn.

Back