PPF clear-film chip protection for rear arch

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does anyone know the part number for these rear wheel arch stone chip paint protectors?
I’m currently having a big argument with Volkswagens warranty Department as I took this in to be repaired as they said it would be covered under warranty but then they checked the depth of the paint and said it was too thick and that I must of had work done to it so it wasn’t covered under warranty.
I did point out to them that if I had it done somewhere else we wouldn’t be having this conversation as I would be discussing my issue with them!
I’m currently having a big argument with Volkswagens warranty Department as I took this in to be repaired as they said it would be covered under warranty but then they checked the depth of the paint and said it was too thick and that I must of had work done to it so it wasn’t covered under warranty. I did point out to them that if I had it done somewhere else we wouldn’t be having this conversation as I would be discussing my issue with them!
Anyway it’s now been passed over to the motoring ombudsman to see if it can get sorted out through them.

D22913B7-A774-4D7E-B70D-0C79B67D7ED5.jpeg

965FB6A7-E1F9-404E-80ED-B632D6ED11FC.jpeg

3FC433F2-9DDA-4F0F-8921-B8066B8CB155.jpeg

You can buy 75/100mm 3M bicycle/helicopter tape from Viking Tapes and template it?

Last edited:
I have one in my dash. They are pence from VW. Will get the part number.

Based on the picture where you’re peeling back the loose foil, it looks like paint has come off the arch and is stuck to the rear of the foil? This does suggest some repainting has occurred in the past and not bonded properly to the original paint. Is that original paint that can be seen in the peeled corner, looks a slightly different shade? There also appears to be no sign of primer, so perhaps a cheeky smart repair?!

If the paint/ lacquer is comprised it will be an issue longer term if not sorted. It already looks like it’s lifting above where the foil finishes so applying a new foil at this stage would be pointless. If this is the situation you’re only recourse will be if you can prove the work was carried out by the vw dealership, or at least was done prior to them selling you the van (assuming you bought from vw dealership) and not disclosed.

Last edited:
Based on the picture where you’re peeling back the loose foil, it looks like paint has come off the arch and is stuck to the rear of the foil? This does suggest some repainting has occurred in the past and not bonded properly to the original paint. Is that original paint that can be seen in the peeled corner, looks a slightly different shade? There also appears to be no sign of primer, so perhaps a cheeky smart repair?!

If the paint/ lacquer is comprised it will be an issue longer term if not sorted. It already looks like it’s lifting above where the foil finishes so applying a new foil at this stage would be pointless. If this is the situation you’re only recourse will be if you can prove the work was carried out by the vw dealership, or at least was done prior to them selling you the van (assuming you bought from vw dealership) and not disclosed.
I dug deep into it and found the company they used for repairs, went straight to them to see if my vehicle had been on their books, guy was really helpful but couldn't find it.

Hi does anyone know where I can buy the clear piece of vinyl that sits in front of the rear wheel.

I have tried a few places but in arrival they are much thinner and differently sized.

Any advice would be really appreciated as always.

Hi does anyone know where I can buy the clear piece of vinyl that sits in front of the rear wheel.

I have tried a few places but in arrival they are much thinner and differently sized.

Hi @Andyr12 … that can be brought from the dealer ..it’s an OEM part :)

Ps….Or try this ( but looks expensive) eBay link

See this post above. Threads merged and renamed :thumbsup:

thanks for this thread. had mine resprayed after i scratch the skirt then later on realized it was missing. i prefer the look without but i guess they have a purpose if they are installed. found them on ebay for £3.49 which is cheaper and saves me time rather than going to a dealer ...

20210513_074543.jpg

20210619_112733.jpg

Back