Swamper tyres on normal wheels fitted a low van

Hey Guys

I have picked through thread after thread and find myself getting more and more confused about this. I have a T30 150DSG LWB van on order with 16” Claytons and want to swap out wheels and tyres for more of a swamper look. I don’t want to raise or lower the van, I don’t know what a coilover is, I don’t want to impact any gearing or change the suspension, I just want to change the look. Can anyone simplify this as much as possible and advise on the limitations I am bound to in terms of alloy size, all season tyre choice etc assuming I want to keep everything else as stock as possible?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Hey Guys

I have picked through thread after thread and find myself getting more and more confused about this. I have a T30 150DSG LWB van on order with 16” Claytons and want to swap out wheels and tyres for more of a swamper look. I don’t want to raise or lower the van, I don’t know what a coilover is, I don’t want to impact any gearing or change the suspension, I just want to change the look. Can anyone simplify this as much as possible and advise on the limitations I am bound to in terms of alloy size, all season tyre choice etc assuming I want to keep everything else as stock as possible?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy
For a T30 you should only buy wheels that are load rated at 812.5KG or more and tyres that are load rated 101 or more.
You can use the website Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit to compare any tyre size against your existing tyres to see how much effect they would have on your gearing.
My 235/55/18 tyres are about 4% bigger than original equipment tyres and I wouldn't go any bigger. I'm on factory springs so factory height.

Hey Guys

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy
Standard suspension on a T32. 18 inch wheels with 235/55/18 AT tyres. No rubbing at all and speedo now reads bang on. No re-gear required. Tyres are as quiet as the ones it came with too.

Van3.jpg

Van1.jpg

Hi, I have recently picked up my Redline T6 which is currently on stock 16” Clayton alloy wheels. I am looking to swap to black alloys and possibly BFG AT tyres.
I am looking for the simplest solution ie just to be able to swap over without affecting geometry etc.
Has anyone done this and an offer advice please.

54FBC096-09F4-4153-957A-912477746406.jpeg

Hi, I have recently picked up my Redline T6 which is currently on stock 16” Clayton alloy wheels. I am looking to swap to black alloys and possibly BFG AT tyres.
I am looking for the simplest solution ie just to be able to swap over without affecting geometry etc.
Has anyone done this and an offer advice please.

View attachment 175841
Here you go, our van with the clayton wheels powder coated and being changed, then we put 15mm spacers on front and 20mm on backView attachment 175259View attachment 175260View attachment 175261View attachment 175264View attachment 175263
Hi, have a look at my attachment above @Lizzo 894 this might help I've posted these photos on a couple of threads, thinking about putting the same combo as winter wheels on my work van as i've got another set of claytons in the garage.

Thanks all for your comments.
Looks like the dealer I bought the van from has a set of 17” Devonports he took from a new T6 which he will do me a good deal on. I intend to get them powder coated black.
I saw a set at the NEC today (photo attached) which I think look really good.

6FA4CFEA-6B73-470D-8388-CB4C8B449359.jpeg

Yes I think Devonport looks so much better powder coated black. I personally don’t like the shiny gloss black for swampers. either matte black or better still satin black.

We are at the NEC today… we obviously haven’t spent enough on the van yet :rolleyes:

Standard suspension on a T32. 18 inch wheels with 235/55/18 AT tyres. No rubbing at all and speedo now reads bang on. No re-gear required. Tyres are as quiet as the ones it came with too.
I've been looking for an 18 " alternative to the Tomohawk Outlaw and think these might be them! What brand/name are these wheels please?

Hey Guys

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy
Hey there

Coil overs only do LOW and LOWER so give them a miss , what you will need is a set of KONI active dampers . the most comfort you can get from a Transporter is standard height , Koni dampers and swamper wheels . Its fabulous unrivalled result . Active dampers OEM used by Lambourghini , Aston Martin, Mclaren to name a few .

Back