Re-sticking Carpet Lining.

Whitey87

The van I bought was already carpeted and lined when I bought it, But some of the carpet has come loose/unstuck on the panel where the window would be behind the driver. I am intending on having a window installed in the future, but for now can anyone recommend a way of sticking this back down without having to rip it all up again?

Make sure you use high temperature spray adhesive normal carpet spray will soften and go tacky when the temperature gets high inside the van.

Spray glue.

Pull the section back and Re stick it.

Or cut a slit into it and reglue

.Carpeting 4way Stretch In The Rear - How I Done It.

I've always wondered if it'd be possible to inject the glue using a syringe for issus like this.

Decanting the spray itself wouldn't work as it'd dry and clogg the needle but if the adhesive type was known or if there was a non spray version that could be used it should be possible to get a needle and inject through the carpet without leaving an ugly slit/join.

My lad Roo's T5 camper did this in the searing hot summer last year, we used a combination of syringes and spray impact glue from B&Q.
Both work really well, but the syringe is like a spot-weld, it doesnt cover an area. The spray glue has quite a range,
in Roo's case we were able to blow it 3 feet no problems other than it also going where it wasnt wanted, so mask up first as its hard to get off
the face side of your carpet. Dont be impatient - its impact glue, let it dry before closing up. Start from the middle of a panel & work out.
Cheers
Phil

IMG_20190118_115033_600.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My lad Roo's T5 camper did this in the searing hot summer last year, we used a combination of syringes and spray impact glue from B&Q.
Both work really well, but the syringe is like a spot-weld, it doesnt cover an area. The spray glue has quite a range,
in Roo's case we were able to blow it 3 feet no problems other than it also going where it wasnt wanted, so mask up first as its hard to get off
the face side of your carpet. Dont be impatient - its impact glue, let it dry before closing up. Start from the middle of a panel & work out.
Cheers
Phil

What glue did you put in the syringe?

You could always just replace the section with a bit of new carpet and new spray glue..... if your worried about the final result.

I've always wondered if it'd be possible to inject the glue using a syringe for issus like this.

Decanting the spray itself wouldn't work as it'd dry and clogg the needle but if the adhesive type was known or if there was a non spray version that could be used it should be possible to get a needle and inject through the carpet without leaving an ugly slit/join.
Yes you can do this. I`m a floorlayer, and this method can be used when effecting a repair.
The adhesive type normally used for carpet is F-Balls F3.
If you want any, I can point you in the right direction. Normally sold in 5 or 15 litre tubs

Yes you can do this. I`m a floorlayer, and this method can be used when effecting a repair.
The adhesive type normally used for carpet is F-Balls F3.
If you want any, I can point you in the right direction. Normally sold in 5 or 15 litre tubs

Interesting,.... Is that stuff high temp adhesive? Few bits id like to stick down a bit more but not keen on cutting my carpet (or the carpet falling off the panels on a hot day).

What glue did you put in the syringe?
We used ordinary Evo-Snot Impact (tinned) but now we know what the pros use - fballs!
Evo is good but next time I'd use the proper stuff. Wasnt aware of it before, you learn summat new every day :)

We used ordinary Evo-Snot Impact (tinned) but now we know what the pros use - fballs!
Evo is good but next time I'd use the proper stuff. Wasnt aware of it before, you learn summat new every day :)
There product is F61, very strong stuff

Interesting,.... Is that stuff high temp adhesive? Few bits id like to stick down a bit more but not keen on cutting my carpet (or the carpet falling off the panels on a hot day).
Its suitable for use on underfloor heating, so must be a high temp adhesive

Back