EGR cleaned but still having issues.

N58amx

Carpeter
T6 Guru
hi
So had vw assist out yesterday after a engine fault light came on .

And was told vehicle needs to be towed in to nearest dealer for a full adblue diagnostic issue
And engine needs linking up to some machine for a deep clean ? Egr stuff!

Has anyone encountered this before?
Also what is more worrying is the fact that the fault code has been listed for two months apparently?
And my pv was in the main dealers for 9 days last month
With other little issues that came out worse

hi

And was told vehicle needs to be towed in to nearest dealer for a full adblue diagnostic issue

Also what is more worrying is the fact that the fault code has been listed for two months apparently?
Not had this issue but love your Avatar (if thats what they are called)

Thats Morph from that Art show when i was a kid (70`s 80`s) :

MORPH | CLASSIC CLIPS | MORPH'S FIRST TAKE HART APPEARANCE

anyway, might be worth you getting CARISTA and dongle for your phone.

you can then check the faults out yourself before getting the heavy guys involved.

save you hanging about if its not too serious.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bl...e=UTF8&qid=1530732974&sr=8-1&keywords=carista
Thanks for that ,
I take a look onto it mate .

Easy enough for somone that is completely useless around tech ?:laugh:

you can then check the faults out yourself before getting the heavy guys involved.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bl...e=UTF8&qid=1530732974&sr=8-1&keywords=carista
OMG, Why did you do this? I already have an obsession with everything Batman and now you bring Morph into the mix. Its not as if this van is taking all my spare cash as it is.;)

Showing your age there now fella :) Tony Hart he was a legend!

Hong Kong Phooey you say, we had a Phooey theme in our T4, brought it over to the T6 when we got the van, originally joined the forum as “Penry “ but don’t think anyone got it ;) , as Phooey is Penry the mild mannered janitor :rolleyes:

Hong Kong Phooey you say, we had a Phooey theme in our T4, brought it over to the T6 when we got the van, originally joined the forum as “Penry “ but don’t think anyone got it ;) , as Phooey is Penry the mild mannered janitor :rolleyes:
No I think you’re right, that sailed over everyone’s head.

Posted on another thread mentioning Bod an hour ago, catching up on yesterday’s posts I’ve just noticed @Roca mention Bod, how surreal for a van forum.

hi

Hello N58,

I bought my van and drove her home to Scotland, she is a 2016 t6, 102(remapped to 140), i had her around an hour when the engine management light came on, on the trek north. She was ok, never lost power or anything, oil levels etc all good.
After getting her up the road, called the local dealer, they booked me in for a couple of days later. I have the Diagnostic software, new it was EGR.
They called and said they would have to put through a 'cleaning cycle' on their new egr machine. They had the van just short of 2 days.
Everything has been ok since, the dealer was ace, said it should be ok after the clean but any issues bring it back and the valve will be changed, they seemed decent enough.

Hope your van is better now and sorry for the late reply!

BB

Back