Re Cable runs

BestBoy

Hello
Just picked up a base line T6 LWB , Going to convert in January 2021 . Before I convert can anybody advise me on how to run the following cables and locations before insulation starts:

1. Reversing sensors
2. Rear camera
3. Van Alarm system

Is there any other cabling I should consider besides the main cabling when the converters are going to start in January.

I fit Fire alarms , CCTV alarms and Intruder alarms , so I should be ok commissioning the above equipment , however I will leave the experts to wire the rest of the electronics.

thank you

The OEM loom runs along the roof edge on the left side of the vehicle, up via both the A & B posts and down via the D post. There is a multi way connector in the roof edge above and slightly in front of the D post. I prefer to follow the OEM routing for any new cables. I also prefer to retain access to that connector just in case it's needed in the future. There is also a connection in the rear washer pipe close to the same location, keep access for the same reason.

Additional cables - consider - rear speakers, Eberspacher controller, over bed lights, additional 12v sockets, additional 240v sockets.

I fit the Eberspacher controller (801 modulator) in the rear part of the habitation area with the thermostat within the controller enabled (sometimes needs an extra wire running in the Eberspacher loom, don't ask why it's not included from the factory) so that the internal vehicle temperature is much better regulated and it's within reach of the sleeping area. Despite the above I have always had to run that cable along the right side of the roof edge.

I guess you won't be going for a high roof but here is where I fit the 801 modulator, 240v & 12v sockets plus storage locker with courtesy switched LED lighting inside.

3718-607e3384d4c3936e2ebcdb11075b98ec.jpg

Another thought is to cater for the output socket of an inverter if you intend to fit one. I have been able to modify a CBE 13A socket to include a micro-switch that drives a relay to switch my inverter on when a plug is installed in the socket, that way I can have the socket where I want it and not have a need for a separate switch for the inverter.

Back