Rattle From Passenger Seatbelt Area...!!

Tym

Trumpton
T6 Pro
hi guys... please help, this is driving me insane.. there is a rattle from the seatbelt area, passenger side.. right at my ear level.

I can’t seem to locate it, I’ve tried adjusting the belt height, pulling it tight whilst driving, pushing and prodding the plastics on the b post, the seat headrest, armrests.. the list goes on.

Random.. anyone else remember the old VW advert with the squeak that turned out to be the girlfriends ear ring? Drop of oil sorted.

This rattle on top of my drivers seat creak is ruining my driving experience

Is the sound resonating up the B pillar and the rattle is in the bottom?.

Yeah mine sounded like passenger seat belt B pillar but was a combination of something random rattling under the passenger seat space accessed behind plastic panel at bottom rear of seat and the seat vibrating on the metal frame thingy it's mounted on

Lot of stuff here too : Rattle

Last edited:
I thought i had a rattle in the b pillar by the seat belts, turned out it was on the a pillar trim by the speaker.

i had similar - it was the armrest when fully upright/verticle.
I have to put it at 45 degrees when theres no one in the passenger seat else the little adjuster nob in the end of it rattles

another + for the armrest. My drivers side rattles when upright.

I thought i had a rattle in the b pillar by the seat belts, turned out it was on the a pillar trim by the speaker.

i had similar - it was the armrest when fully upright/verticle.
I have to put it at 45 degrees when theres no one in the passenger seat else the little adjuster nob in the end of it rattles

My drivers armrest has the same issue!

@Oldrat you're not alone!

Wish it was as simple as that.
Mines actually inside the B pillar:mad:

Passenger near side arm rest... wound the adjustment fully one way until tight... bit of a pain when it will need to be used, however this will be rare... out of all the armrests this was the best one for it to be..

Just need to empty a can of silicone spray under the drivers seat to try and cure this creak now..

Thanks for all your help

Go over all the nuts on the base/runners and nip them up 1/4 turn, worked for me (for 6 months anyway)

mine was a loose mudflap, which sounded like a rattle in the B pillar - took me ages to figure that out!

Hi, I'm forever tracking down creaks and rattles (it's never ending). One thing I've learned over time is not to totally trust your ears for direction.
Ask your passenger for their opinion and it will undoubtedly be different to yours! It is surprising to find solutions in totally different areas to where you were convinced they were.
To the point: ages ago I had a rattle coming from the passenger seat, ( I was correct that time), took the seat apart, lubed, tightened everything and put it all back. Rattle gone, all good.
The other day it came back with a vengeance, I resigned myself to another session...hold on! I suddenly remembered the missus commenting that her seat seemed low, so
she adjusted it to max height. The light bulb moment came to me tonight and I dropped the squab to it's lowest, guess what? rattle gone.
I know some of you have been through the same, so I hope my quick fix may help someone else.
She can have a cushion!

Back