Rattle from b-pillar?

Scot

T6 Pro
I have a very annoying rattle that seems to come from where the seat belt is fixed by drivers door.
Removed tools etc from back to check it wasn't the cause.
Anyone any ideas?
Scot

I feel your pain, not got one from seat belt, but just noticed one coming from in front of me when driving. Not checked carefully yet but seems to be dash or somewhere in cockpit! Very annoying!

Also, (not wishing to hijack this thread). My rear seats rattle if there is no-one sitting on them. I've taken them in and out a few times but has anyone else had this problem?

On mine if the arm rest (nearest the door) is in the up position on the passenger seat, it rattles. Not sure what seat configuration you have but worth noting.
I found out the same. It was the screw for adjusting arm rest angle. Its loose when not ‘loaded’

I found out the same. It was the screw for adjusting arm rest angle. Its loose whe not ‘loaded’
I found and diagnosed the exact same thing for the drivers armrest nearest the door. Put it up, the adjuster knob rattles like a so-and-so, put it down, quiet.
Bizzare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a very annoying rattle that seems to come from where the seat belt is fixed by drivers door.
Removed tools etc from back to check it wasn't the cause.
Anyone any ideas?
Scot
I had the same. It was a missing spacer from where the seat belt is bolted to the pillar. Dealer fixed it in minutes. Take the tension off the belt and physically rattle it....is that the noise you hear? You might notice that the other belts have a black plastic cap on the bolt but the drivers doesn’t. It isn’t meant to for some reason.

I feel your pain, not got one from seat belt, but just noticed one coming from in front of me when driving. Not checked carefully yet but seems to be dash or somewhere in cockpit! Very annoying!
Phantom
Try tapping the tweeter speaker in the a pillar?
Mine rattled / knocked from there.

RIGHT.... As I don't have a workshop manual yet, Can someone point me in the right direction for removing the trim around the seat belt fixings. Do I attack by going Gung-ho and use levers, spoons or Mopardave's Cuban stack heels?.

Last edited:
RIGHT.... As I don,t have a workshop manual yet, Can someone point me in the right direction for removing the trim around the seat belt fixings. Do I attack by going Gung-ho and use levers, spoons or Mopardave,s Cuban stack heels?.
They’re just held on with fir tree clips. Get a trim tool in and lever them towards the centre of the van. You’ll need a 10mm spline bit to remove the seat belt fixings..

On mine if the arm rest (nearest the door) is in the up position on the passenger seat, it rattles. Not sure what seat configuration you have but worth noting.

I've noticed that - does your passenger seat look like its on vibrate mode as well?

Back