A little wave makes you feel good.

I wave to T4s too.... there I said it... get a "Right on Brother!" gang sign back most times too but I think I'm going for broke on our next foray around this septic Isle and going to see if I can get any sort of reaction from a Splitty driver or whether they are indeed too cool to wave back at anything post 1963?

Actually on the last but one visit to family in Bournemouth I'd just filled up in Winton alongside a tidy early 70s bay window and told the bloke I couldn't afford one of those to which he pointed at mine and said I couldn't afford one of those either, both had a chuckle and on our way.

I wave to T4s too.... there I said it... get a "Right on Brother!" gang sign back most times too but I think I'm going for broke on our next foray around this septic Isle and going to see if I can get any sort of reaction from a Splitty driver or whether they are indeed too cool to wave back at anything post 1963?

Actually on the last but one visit to family in Bournemouth I'd just filled up in Winton alongside a tidy early 70s bay window and told the bloke I couldn't afford one of those to which he pointed at mine and said I couldn't afford one of those either, both had a chuckle and on our way.

Brave man stopping in Winton....:whistle:

Moved the sister in law from Strouden Rd in Winton to Ferndown right by Parley Common last weekend ironically... said we would visit them more often now!:thumbsup:

Me I'm looking at retiring to Hamworthy at some point in the future, when we complete our tunnel out of Northampton that is and Winton was like Hollywood compared to here.

Got our van back in November and I said to my wife, 'these vans are great, just watch, everyone waves at you'.

Well, we've done a couple of thousand miles since then and have been all around the country. She's waving like mad at every Transporter that goes past but nothing, not one single wave back.

Drove from Glastonbury to Sandhurst just today and passed loads of T5s and T6s. No one waved. My wife now reckons I made it all up to make her look silly waving at everyone!

We were climbing in Snowdonia a few weeks back, at the end of a hard day we missed the last bus and with no mobile signal to call a taxi we had to start the 12 mile walk back to the campsite.
As my girlfriend was close to having a sense of humour failure I started to try and hitch a lift, quite a few Transporters sailed by but none of them stopped.
Perhaps a T6Forum tee shirt may have helped, waving at VWs certainly didn’t.

So perhaps @Pauly we should have a blue and orange garland available to purchase:whistle:

Yes please!

I had been wondering about waving, the missus used to have an old mini, which always got waves from other mini owners, when cycling I usually give a 'hello' or a friendly nod to other cyclists, which is sometimes reciprocated. Been looking out for waves, but nothing so far. I'll have to start, but could be hard work as they're a dour bunch in Aberdeen :)

Moved the sister in law from Strouden Rd in Winton to Ferndown right by Parley Common last weekend ironically... said we would visit them more often now!:thumbsup:

Me I'm looking at retiring to Hamworthy at some point in the future, when we complete our tunnel out of Northampton that is and Winton was like Hollywood compared to here.

You want to see it outside the Parkstone & Heatherlands at opening time at 08:00am... All the locals tucking into a couple of Stellas for breakfast...:rofl::speechless:

Wilko, British Heart Foundation, Poundland, Cash Recycle, KFC and Coral all within spitting distance, I call that cosmopolitan and surely catering for an upwardly mobile/transient population.:thumbsup::whistle:

Only problem we had with Winton was trying to get our plump camper down some of the narrower alleyways that must have passed for streets back in the 1930s.

I am trying to wave but I don't know if people think we are a work van because we aren't going to have a side awning.
I hope we still get waves.
:oops:

You do have to engage with the other driver and approach each wave in the correct manner though.

My particular favourite is the "gangsta lean" with thumb raised and finger pointing down which probably would be a bit more convincing if I had frame scraping aired out suspension and more importantly the Waeco fridge didn't stop my seat from reclining past vertical.

Back