Sold Rare 18" Springfield Alloy Wheels With Pirelli Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gez

I'm selling the genuine VW 18" Springfield alloy wheels that came on my 2017 van. I know these are rare and sought after, but I prefer the look of the slightly larger BBS XA wheels that I swapped them for.

All in good condition, with 245/50/R18 Pirelli Tyres. (Three tyres almost new, one more worn)

I'm based in Tynemouth (Newcastle Area), but regularly travel to Leeds and Scottish Highlands (Ullapool). Either pick up from my home, or I can meet somewhere near one of those routes.

£1150

71E82108-4694-4F77-9406-6B9FC157A8AC.jpeg FF86BF11-D4B4-409C-8457-428BE0758CEE.jpeg

84E83DD8-C314-440C-80BD-C8C24561CDC2.jpeg

8C693BC8-3C4D-4FCA-9381-E36DBDCBF3CD.jpeg

107FB99F-F462-4D46-9E58-4615ADDA18FA.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been asked to measure the tyre depths, so for the benefit of everyone else, measurements are: 7mm, 6mm, 4mm, 2.5mm.

Bearing in mind one the will need replacing soon, I'll knock the price down to £1150.

Hi the tyres should be load rated - they were supplied by Lookers VW Van Centre, Newcastle, but I’ll check them in the morning.

Hi the tyres should be load rated - they were supplied by Lookers VW Van Centre, Newcastle, but I’ll check them in the morning.

I'm sure they are load rated at 100 and that you have a T32? Are you saying a VW main dealer sold you tyres that are not rated high enough :eek:

Last edited:
Ok need to be a minimum of a 103
My mobile is 07960643215 If you want to give me a ring

Regards chris

Touershine, yes a VW main dealer sold me van with those tyres fitted, and then a further 3 tyres (one for a puncture shortly after purchase, and 2 at the last service), but I have a T30 not a T32.

I didn’t manage to speak to them today. The service manager and I missed each other and work was too hectic for me to chase them up, but I’m sure I’ll get their opinion tomorrow.
I have a T30 - from what I can see 100 is sufficient for T28 or T30, but I may be wrong and there’s no point speculating until they give me a definitive answer.

If anyone can find authoritative info that shows 100 is not sufficient for T30 then I’d welcome this so that I can challenge them with it. (Preferably sent by PM, thanks).

If you look at your Type approval plate it will show you the maximum axel weight. like the example below.
upload_2019-1-15_18-7-26.png

The 100 weight rating is 800KGs per wheel;
upload_2019-1-15_18-12-14.png
So as long as your axel weing does not exceed 1600kgs then you are technically okay.

The Tyre label on the door does show the recommended tyre combination and I would argue that they should not drop below that recommended on the door sticker.
This is mine (T30) Cali
IMG_1669 2.jpeg

Ok, for a t30 your just borderline but not for a t32.
Wheels are all good but tyres no good for me has I have a t32

Touershine, yes a VW main dealer sold me van with those tyres fitted, and then a further 3 tyres (one for a puncture shortly after purchase, and 2 at the last service), but I have a T30 not a T32.

I didn’t manage to speak to them today. The service manager and I missed each other and work was too hectic for me to chase them up, but I’m sure I’ll get their opinion tomorrow.
I have a T30 - from what I can see 100 is sufficient for T28 or T30, but I may be wrong and there’s no point speculating until they give me a definitive answer.

If anyone can find authoritative info that shows 100 is not sufficient for T30 then I’d welcome this so that I can challenge them with it. (Preferably sent by PM, thanks).

This is an interesting one for me, as tyre load ratings is such a hotly debated subject on here, and many other places. As far as I was aware a T30 was minimum 101 805kg per wheel. If this is the case and a main dealer has sold you tyres that are under rated, it would be interesting to know how they can justify this, baring in mind the legal implications. So keep us updated if you don't mind @Gez :thumbsup:

On the same subject, it's people's own choice what they fit to their vans. I've seen dozens of T5/T5.1/T6 fitted with the wrong tyres, but I wouldn't try to educate them unless they asked my opinion or they were a mate. It's the responsibility of the owner to make sure what they fit works, and if they are aware of the potential implications of doing so, and still go ahead, that's up to them.
My tyres are rated for a T32, but i'm running banded steels, and these have no official load rating, which i'm well aware of. My choice.

Last edited:
This is an interesting one for me, as tyre load ratings is such a hotly debated subject on here, and many other places. As far as I was aware a T30 was minimum 101 805kg per wheel. If this is the case and a main dealer has sold you tyres that are under rated, it would be interesting to know how they can justify this, baring in mind the legal implications. So keep us updated if you don't mind @Gez :thumbsup:

On the same subject, it's people's own choice what they fit to their vans. I've seen dozens of T5/T5.1/T6 fitted with the wrong tyres, but I wouldn't try to educate them unless they asked my opinion or they were a mate. It's the responsibility of the owner to make sure what they fit works, and if they are aware of the potential implications of doing so, and still go ahead, that's up to them.
My tyres are rated for a T32, but i'm running banded steels, and these have no official load rating, which i'm well aware of. My choice.

As a point of interest only. If the worst came to the worst, how would having no official load rating on your wheel leave you in legal / insurance terms?

As a point of interest only. If the worst came to the worst, how would having no official load rating on your wheel leave you in legal / insurance terms?
Without cover, I’d imagine. The third party would be paid out but your policy would be voided from inception, leaving you to pay for your own repairs. You’d then have to declare it as having been ‘refused insurance’ when getting insured again in future.

Ooh I've always liked these done in Black for my T6, and you travel towards Ullapool which could easily suit me.. But I've advertised my van to sell hmm :confused:

Reactions: Gez
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back