Range Rover 19” Space Savers

Cupajoe

Hi all

I have just received some banded 19 inch Range Rover steels can anyone advise on what wheel bolts I need? Will my original bolts work from the factory highline alloy wheels?
I also need the correct spigot anyone have any links?

Thanks

Ash

That's a strange colour, I've not seen that before.
It’s just chrome with a smoked laquer! I’ve got some reflective decals to go around the inner rim and looking to maybe use the rotiform discs as wheel trims upfront But I will see how it goes!

I do like that colour I'm thinking of going black copper with mine 20190203_122944.jpg

You need to look at the shape of the seating surface for the bolts on the wheels you have and the wheels you are getting.
I changed from alloys to steels last month and the alloys needed conical seat bolts while the steels had radius (rounded) seat bolts. Check that the Range Rover seats are not different again, I think they might be .
You also need to consider the thickness of the centre part of the wheel, alloy's generally have thicker castings so the bolts need to be longer to allow the bolt threads to get enough distance to go through the brake disc thickness and into the threaded part of the hub on the van.
Changing from alloys to steels, even if the shape of the seat is the same, if you use the bolts off the alloys, you may find that they are so long they come out of the back of the hub and catch something behind them (or fail to get all the way through the hub because the threads stop short of the back face and never tighten the wheel to the disc face)
View attachment 44009
RRbolts.jpg These are RR style bolts

You need to look at the shape of the seating surface for the bolts on the wheels you have and the wheels you are getting.
I changed from alloys to steels last month and the alloys needed conical seat bolts while the steels had radius (rounded) seat bolts. Check that the Range Rover seats are not different again, I think they might be .
You also need to consider the thickness of the centre part of the wheel, alloy's generally have thicker castings so the bolts need to be longer to allow the bolt threads to get enough distance to go through the brake disc thickness and into the threaded part of the hub on the van.
Changing from alloys to steels, even if the shape of the seat is the same, if you use the bolts off the alloys, you may find that they are so long they come out of the back of the hub and catch something behind them (or fail to get all the way through the hub because the threads stop short of the back face and never tighten the wheel to the disc face)
View attachment 44009
View attachment 45170 These are RR style bolts
Thanks for this, i have been told that my current bolts are suitable, but I will check and reference your information above. Very helpful.

Im contemplating a set of 19” rr steels. Yet looking for tyres that arent to lower profile 50-55
Load rated for t32. Is this a viable option. Then i need to find a set of wheels. Going on a 4 motion. As us on tracks/ fields, so some dide wall would be nice.

Have a look at the Banded Brothers thread, everything you need and more in there about steels :thumbsup:

Im contemplating a set of 19” rr steels. Yet looking for tyres that arent to lower profile 50-55
Load rated for t32. Is this a viable option. Then i need to find a set of wheels. Going on a 4 motion. As us on tracks/ fields, so some dide wall would be nice.
or have a look at the 19” tyre thread

Back