Range Rover seat in to T6

I like the idea of this, but knowing the seatbelt buckle is mounted to the seat rather than the base, I would be more concerned with the strength in an impact.
It’s only going to be as strong as a Range Rover. The seat itself is a safety feature. It has 6 bolts that connect it to the rails on the Range Rover. As long as you use the 6 bolts then there is no reason that this should be any less safe.

Additionally you can use a seat belt clip that’s not attached to the seat, I used the one from the middle seat for a couple of days whilst I was fixing it.

Finally, as mentioned. The start line T6 has a dumb seat. No air bags no nothing. So the vehicle cam is does control anything like airbags etc. So again no less or more safe.

If I was going to do it all over again I think I would be tempted to get a large square welded to the base and then get the holes pre drilled in to position.

It’s only going to be as strong as a Range Rover. The seat itself is a safety feature. It has 6 bolts that connect it to the rails on the Range Rover. As long as you use the 6 bolts then there is no reason that this should be any less safe.

Additionally you can use a seat belt clip that’s not attached to the seat, I used the one from the middle seat for a couple of days whilst I was fixing it.

Finally, as mentioned. The start line T6 has a dumb seat. No air bags no nothing. So the vehicle cam is does control anything like airbags etc. So again no less or more safe.

If I was going to do it all over again I think I would be tempted to get a large square welded to the base and then get the holes pre drilled in to position.
If you are not using the original rear seat base mounting points directly into the new seat rails, then you have introduced a weak point in the system.

I would do what you have suggested in your last paragraph.

If you are not using the original rear seat base mounting points directly into the new seat rails, then you have introduced a weak point in the system.

I would do what you have suggested in your last paragraph.
I'd disagree on that, a Transporter seat base uses 4 M8 threads (2 bolts, 2 studs) to hold the seat in place, you then use these for your new adapter plate(s) and fasten the seat to the plate with equivalent or stronger fixings, how can you have introduced a weak point?

Last edited:
I'd disagree on that, a Transporter seat base uses 4 M8 threads (2 bolts, 2 studs) to hold the seat in place, you then use these for your new adapter plate(s) and fasten the seat to the plate with equivalent or stronger fixings, how can you have introduced a weak point?
Well, the bolts work in tension well, and not too bad in shear. (Providing you have used the correct bolts - they are not all the same) If the new system allows them to bend then every thread is a stress point and they will snap. Especially when coupled with a high load. 3mm plate is crap at resisting bending when using offset mounting points and when considering the potential loads.

Well, the bolts work in tension well, and not too bad in shear. (Providing you have used the correct bolts - they are not all the same) If the new system allows them to bend then every thread is a stress point and they will snap. Especially when coupled with a high load. 3mm plate is crap at resisting bending when using offset mounting points and when considering the potential loads.
Just for clarity… using the original seat base and the original bolts that are attached to the RR seats. Only thing introduced is the bolts that hold the 3mm plate metal sheet on to the existing cw seat base. This is the element that I would have chosen to weld if doing again. still might to be fair if I get a bit of time

Just for clarity… using the original seat base and the original bolts that are attached to the RR seats. Only thing introduced is the bolts that hold the 3mm plate metal sheet on to the existing cw seat base. This is the element that I would have chosen to weld if doing again. still might to be fair if I get a bit of time
Yep, that’s exactly the bit I’m referring to. Once you’ve decided it fits, I’d get it welded if it were mine, and use thicker plate

Hi everyone, had any one got Range Rover sport seats 2014-2020 successfully working in their van? If yes how did you do the electrics?

Hi all - has anyone installed Velar seats into a 19 plate 6? I would like to get the heating elements working (but thats a top level want!!) but mainly the seat motors.......

Any help gratefully received!!

Hi everyone, had any one got Range Rover sport seats 2014-2020 successfully working in their van? If yes how did you do the electrics?
The video I uploaded was for the electrics for the Range Rover. Not sure if the year. I love my RRS seat in my T6.

Electrics are the easy bit, getting it fitted is harder

Back