Raising your van

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Way too much talk about slamming yer van so it scrapes doze arches but what about raising it? Far cooler, far more practical.

Rockton and Seikel did brilliant conversions for the T5 - anyone seen anything similar for a T6 yet? 4motion, a lift, proper tyres and strong (and small) wheels and you have a pretty capable 4x4 machine.

Something like this;

80b15c3155fc633f305e0d4d4b8c103f.jpg

Now that IS cool. :D:thumbsup::whistle:

Way too much talk about slamming yer van so it scrapes doze arches but what about raising it? Far cooler, far more practical.

Rockton and Seikel did brilliant conversions for the T5 - anyone seen anything similar for a T6 yet? 4motion, a lift, proper tyres and strong (and small) wheels and you have a pretty capable 4x4 machine.

Something like this;

80b15c3155fc633f305e0d4d4b8c103f.jpg

Now that IS cool. :D:thumbsup::whistle:
oh yes

Just realised that the station where I sometimes drop my wife off at has a 2.0M barrier, it's a bit close for comfort.. not sure whether to chance it, what if one of the people fitting it got it a few mm's out?

Just realised that the station where I sometimes drop my wife off at has a 2.0M barrier, it's a bit close for comfort.. not sure whether to chance it, what if one of the people fitting it got it a few mm's out?
You could sue them for a roof repair...

I remember meeting a friend in a car park for the start of an MTB ride; our old Cali was just low enough for the height barrier and I'd put my bike in the back and waited for him to turn up.

He soon did, saw me, forgot his estate car had a bike on the roof carrier, drove in; I helplessly shouted "NO!" but it was too late.

It smashed the barrier open, ripped his roof rails off, wrote off a £2.5k Trek MTB.

There was much swearing...

The side cladding is OEM VW stuff.
Id love to get a lift kit but i still need to get under height barriers, I think air may be the way forward with my big nobbleys.
I've seen the wheel arch stuff, but not the long straight lengths down the side before. Are they available UK?

I am trying to get Ian at QB Carbon to look into these for me, once he has a mold he should be able to produce them..

I remember meeting a friend in a car park for the start of an MTB ride; our old Cali was just low enough for the height barrier and I'd put my bike in the back and waited for him to turn up.

He soon did, saw me, forgot his estate car had a bike on the roof carrier, drove in; I helplessly shouted "NO!" but it was too late.

It smashed the barrier open, ripped his roof rails off, wrote off a £2.5k Trek MTB.

There was much swearing...
Ouch!! @Polzeylad

Back